Forums

2010 Exodus Freedom Conference - what are your thoughts

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 5, 2010, 14:13

this video is not available on youtube only facebook. What are your imporessions

http://www.facebook.com/exodusinternational?ref=ts&v=wall#!/video/video.php?v=10150215476685717

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
July 6, 2010, 21:59

I really try not to see ‘agendas’ everywhere, but with that video… I mean everyone said practically the same thing. *shrugs* Maybe I am just too cynical.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 8, 2010, 01:14

definitely needs some major editorial work eh Mazdragon…… 😉

you and I would never let it go out with our name on it would we. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
July 8, 2010, 01:41

LOL! Not on your nelly!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 9, 2010, 10:41

I’m not really sure what to say or why this was posted. What were your thoughts in doing so, avb?

I guess it’s just a snapshot of people trying their best in a misguided way to look at their faith and sexuality. (Or that’s how they make it sound in the video). Beyond that, I believe the participants are really getting their social needs met by being with other gay people (which is important although they’re dressing it up as some opportunity for spiritual cleansing while being part of a ministry that says homosexuality is wrong). One guy emphasised the social aspect as he sought to tear himself away from the interviewer to be with friends. Shame they can’t admit that’s probably the main benefit of the conference – social networking.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.