Forums

45, Christian, Female........but I'm not sure about much else

Page:   1 2 3 4

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 5, 2010, 01:01

thats a powerful quote lady jane in your signature…….who said that.

Reminds me of people come into your life for a reason season or for life.

Lady Jane

Joined in 2009
February 7, 2010, 23:59

HI AVB,

I don’t know who is the author of the quote, and I have not been able to find out yet. It arrived to me by email, as part of one of those ‘chain’ things.

The whole text is follows:

Life doesn’t give you the people you want; it gives you the people you NEED… To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Dear God: The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most, and let her know when she walks with you, She will always be safe. Now you’re on the clock!!!! In 9 minutes something will make you happy. But you have to tell 9 sisters you love them, including me. Go!!!!

I ignored the rest, but I liked the first sentence very much.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 9, 2010, 16:19

I’m going to put the piece I think is helpful to live by in the discussion section. If I put it here then luckysky’s story will get highjacked.

Luckysky

Joined in 2010
February 13, 2010, 11:05

taking the wake-up pill

thanks for that piece, Anthony.

I’m finding it tough out here in my ‘real world’ but WOULD NOT go back for anything. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you face to face cos I find it hard to converse without tone and gesture. It must be the muso in me.

I”m taking on some great advice from some of you lovely people though……I’m taking my time to find my way. Its not my natural way, I usually take a long time to make a decision but once it’s made I want everything to fall in to place immediately.

I work at a high school and know how kids and parents respond to homosexuality. I don’t want my profile and personality to be about sexuality, but it would be a hot topic at this small private school. I’ve talked to a few close friends at school, and have been advised to be cautious. So I feel the need to make changes, to maybe look for a new job. But I’m taking my time with that too. As much as I can anyway.

thanks for the forum, it’s so good to feel listened to and supported. Please keep talking to me!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 14, 2010, 00:36

Hi Luckysky

It’s really good to have you here with us. I like what you say about taking your time. I think it’s so important to do things in your own timing and style.

I look forward to hearing more from you and am glad you’re finding this forum to be a supportive space.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Luckysky

Joined in 2010
February 19, 2010, 23:21

Next phase……………

Im feeling the need for an update, so here it is

the last few weeks have seen some big shifts in my thinking and I know they’re positive signs of growth. I would like to thank you all for your help through the process. It’s been good to have your input. I particularly loved the reference in Psalm 23 about lying down in green pastures. That’s rolled around in my heart a lot.

And one of the proverbs says something along the lines of … we can plot and plan but God’s purpose will always prevail (the Message version). I feel quite still and safe at the moment. I hope it lasts but I’m a pessimist to the core! I know it won’t but it’s nice to have a bit of respite before facing the next battle.

How amazing to discover that God’s love encompasses all who desire it irrespective of their sexuality. :bigsmile:

and you may now call me gay 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
February 19, 2010, 23:50

Hi Luckysky,

It’s great that you feel that you’ve made some progress and come to a place where you’re feeling quieter within yourself. There’s nothing like that sense of peace, is there?

And welcome to the family. 😉

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 20, 2010, 00:19

It’s great to hear you’re feeling better and that we’ve helped a bit with that.

It feels like things are moving for you, Luckysky. I look forward to the next chapter. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Luckysky

Joined in 2010
February 20, 2010, 11:13

thanks Magz. I feel like I’m at home. 0:)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 20, 2010, 14:34

Next phase……………

Im feeling the need for an update, so here it is

the last few weeks have seen some big shifts in my thinking and I know they’re positive signs of growth. I would like to thank you all for your help through the process. It’s been good to have your input. I particularly loved the reference in Psalm 23 about lying down in green pastures. That’s rolled around in my heart a lot.

And one of the proverbs says something along the lines of … we can plot and plan but God’s purpose will always prevail (the Message version). I feel quite still and safe at the moment. I hope it lasts but I’m a pessimist to the core! I know it won’t but it’s nice to have a bit of respite before facing the next battle.

How amazing to discover that God’s love encompasses all who desire it irrespective of their sexuality. :bigsmile:

and you may now call me gay 🙂

that is soooo cool luckystar……I’m grateful you shared that with us…..we are all very encouraged.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.