Forums

A Good News Story

Page: 1

davidt

Joined in 2009
April 4, 2010, 12:05

Recently, the Sunday Mail here in Brisbane wrote an article on a brochure which was printed by the Delfin Property Group that featured a gay couple, Darren and Neil on the front page. A City Councillor, who is from the Brethren, complained about the brochure saying that it undermined the values of marriage.

I weighed into the debate with Cr Morrison, and copied in Deflin and Darren and Neil. It certainly generated quite a response from the Councillor.

However, Darren and Neil emailed me back this week, saying they had not received ONE negative comment and that their community and their neighbours had been accepting of them. The area is Springfield Lakes.

I thought that was F A N T A S T I C – absolutely. Things are changing. As far as I know, Darren and Neil are not yet Christians.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 4, 2010, 12:24

Hi David

Wow! That is good news that people in the community and Delfin have been accepting toward Darren and Neil. Religious people really need to get with the times and stop embarrassing themselves and spreading hate. It’s enough to turn anyone off. On the other hand, good on you for doing your bit to show love and support, David. Your actions must have made that couples’ day.

Have you heard the ABC radio interview with the 3 pastors? It’s in the discussion section, 12 topics down, titled ‘Homosexuality and Religion’, posted by forestgrey. I also found that very encouraging and a sign of big changes (albeit a little late) happening within some churches. The pastors interviewed are some of the lovely people who have been marching with 100 Revs at Mardi Gras.

Anyway, it’s always great to hear good news. Thanks for sharing, David.

Happy Easter to you and everyone!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 4, 2010, 14:10

just another reminder that the anti-gay agenda and spokespeople are a dying breed……its only a matter of time.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 4, 2010, 21:44

Yay!!! I can almost see their white flags being raised in defeat. 🙂

davidt

Joined in 2009
April 4, 2010, 22:05

Ann-Marie

Yes, I did hear the 3 pastors and thought they did well, particularly when they answered the questions.

The message I REALLY appreciated was by Rob Buckingham at Bayside. That was a fantastic sermon and a very good review of the Biblical passages on acceptance. He has received 100s of emails on that from all over the world. Rob is a great guy.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 4, 2010, 22:38

Yeah Rob is a really lovely guy. 🙂

JR

Joined in 2008
April 6, 2010, 00:15

just another reminder that the anti-gay agenda and spokespeople are a dying breed……its only a matter of time.

“The highest result of education is tolerance.” – Helen Keller

🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.