Forums

a peek in my inbox...dialogue with an ex-gay

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sandy

Joined in 2007
June 25, 2008, 13:11

He does sound a little like me, though I really had mainly positive experiences of homosexuality. I was in a monogmous relatiionship for five years and was very happy with all my friends. The only real trouble I ever had with gay people or the ‘scene’ started after I became a Christian so I can look back on “those days” of being a out and proud lesbian and know that my decision to become a Christian wasn’t because I was extreemly unhappy with my life.

But yes, significantly, also minus the desire to marry. *shivers in fear* 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 25, 2008, 16:27

cant wait to hear what he thinks of your book.

I dare say it will raise lots of questions……or maybe judgments.

I sense softer tone in the last email. Nice.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 25, 2008, 16:29

He does sound a little like me, though I really had mainly positive experiences of homosexuality. I was in a monogmous relatiionship for five years and was very happy with all my friends. The only real trouble I ever had with gay people or the ‘scene’ started after I became a Christian so I can look back on “those days” of being a out and proud lesbian and know that my decision to become a Christian wasn’t because I was extremely unhappy with my life.

But yes, significantly, also minus the desire to marry. *shivers in fear* 😆

Sorry……its been a while now since I went through your story. Maybe that its just that I remember your dramas.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
June 25, 2008, 17:10

Pretty much my ‘dramas’ ocurred when people didn’t take to kindly to me becoming a Christian. Before that I was pretty much a lesbianism poster girl so its understandable to an extent.

I was very young, and very lucky, Marina sheilded me from alot of the other rubbish that gay people endure as part of the ‘scene’. I was really quite innocent.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
June 25, 2008, 17:35

Im protective that way with Trish but she’s been through enough in her lifetime, although Mardi Gras is on the cards for next year 😉 😀 We both love the community tho.

Andrew Jones

Joined in 2008
July 1, 2008, 12:38

A fine response AVB

I suppose our first reaction is the not unlike your own mate. But we have all been in this guys place in one form or another and I appreciate Sandy’s position above.

I just love the way you give a gentle answer Anthony

Penny

Joined in 2008
July 1, 2008, 13:12

Hey Anthony

Such good work hon!

Thanks for including this discussion here. It has been very interesting & given me some inights with which i can use in my similar discussions.

I especially love your gentle and kind tone. You invite people to engage with you in an honest and loving way 🙂

You have really learned to separate the personal attack from what you need to hear and say, to show Christ’s love!

Thanks

Pen

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 1, 2008, 15:44

Yep ditto on that Penny 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 2, 2008, 09:10

thanks gang for the encouragement. People often ask me about how I go about creating a dialogue with someone and thought putting this here would help people to see the model and spirit of the dialogue. ….hopefully something they can emulate.

The easiest thing in the world would be to tell this guy he is an idiot and to ……….. off…….especially as he made the first approach to me. It takes more time to think about what to say and how to say….but in the long run I think its worth it. One more post to come……and I think that will be it for the time being as you’ll see.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 2, 2008, 09:15

Sent: Tuesday, 1 July 2008 12:56

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: CHRISTIAN TESTIMONY

Hello Anthony. Upon reflection, I will not be reading your testimony. I know the truth and the truth has set me free. Thank you again and I have learned a great deal communicating with you. Blessings, David.

Sent: Tuesday, 1 July 2008 18:08

To:

Subject: RE: CHRISTIAN TESTIMONY

Of course David……I understand. I know that Ron Brookman (Living Waters) found it to be quite a challenge as it stirred him sexually. He has freely admitted that publicly on several occasions so I’m not betraying a confidence there. Which just reminds me again that the gay never goes away. Ron and Ruth have been married for 14 years now I think.

God bless you in your journey.

I know very well the struggles that one can go through in our situation……the pressures …..the temptations and battles etc.

At the end of that for many of us….we really believed God had abandoned us or failed us.

If you ever find that the dreams and hopes you have for a life long marriage don’t work out (I trust they do work out for you both)……..then remember that God will not abandon you and there are lots of people out there who will give you non-judgmental love and support. I would be one of them.

Thanks for letting me know.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.