Forums

Ain't LOVE the sweetest thing!

Page: 1

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
June 3, 2014, 23:34

Hi Everyone!

Joel from Canberra here. Many of you will have read my previous post 'married, getting divorced, and come out all before I turn 26' where I detail my 12 year battle to come to terms with my sexuality.

Well, after battling for 12 years denying, hating, rejecting, repressing, and trying to change my sexuality, after 7 years of a dysfunctional heterosexual relationship and a 3 year marriage, after 10 years of battling with depression and anxiety, I have fallen in love for the first time in my life. After an exorcism and 12 months of reparative therapy, I have fallen in love for the first time.

I have recently met (and yes I know I am biased) the most handsome, kind hearted, genuine, sweet, and adorable guy. His name is Hayden, and I am not ashamed to tell the world that I'm in love with him!

The only down side at the moment is that he lives in Adelaide, and I live in Canberra. However we haven't let that get in the way. Last week I flew to Adelaide for the first time and spent the weekend with him. I enjoyed every second I had with him, I felt so alive and so blessed just to be with him!

We held hands as we walked through the streets of Adelaide, we kissed in public, and not once did either of us have any shame or fear whatsoever. For far too long the Church told me that I was sick, evil, perverted, and morally bankrupt because of my homosexuality. For years the Church told me that I would 'burn in hell for all eternity' if I chose to acknowledge and accept my homosexuality. For years I was told by the Church that I could NEVER genuinely fall in love with someone of the same gender.

How beautifully ironic, that after all that I have been through, and all that I was told by the church, I would fall in love for the first time in my life, as an openly gay man with another openly gay man in THE CITY OF CHURCHES, Adelaide!

I am so happy, so proud to be me! I am so happy and so proud to be able to say that I have a beautiful boyfriend who is everything I could ever want in a partner!

Ain't LOVE the sweetest thing!

Thanks Guys

Joel

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 4, 2014, 15:22

Hi Joel,

That's wonderful 🙂 You are right love is the sweetest thing and I am so glad you found it.

Lots and lots of Blessing to you and your boyfriend 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 4, 2014, 23:01

Hi Joel

Wow – that's so great! 🙂 I'm very happy for you. 🙂

Enjoy every moment. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
June 11, 2014, 15:11

That's really great Joel! Woohoo! 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.