Forums

Am I toooooo extreme???????????

Page:   1 2 3

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 23, 2010, 20:15

that home group experience indeed was a terrible one.

clearly he has hurt and fear that has turned or is turning into hatred – no matter what one thinks of whether glbti people would or could be ‘believers’ he is certainly not reflecting the love of Jesus

he is in a difficult/challenging place in his own heart, he must be in a great deal of turmoil

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 23, 2010, 21:11

Yes avb and oooooo, you are both no doubt right. However it wasn’t just the one person behaving in that way, it was a group effort so he’s not the only one at fault. The individual’s comments perhaps stung the most but they were made amidst a whole culture of hatred and fear.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 23, 2010, 21:24

absolutely true

i mean there could be any number of varying situations within that group

the other people may agree

or partially agree

be timid and shy

be dominated by that individual or even scared of him

or have no real opinion and he may be a ‘superior’ within the church so they may figure they need to submit to his ideas while they consider it for themselves

or countless other possibilities

but i agree

silence is , whether we like to admit it or not, largely a statement of agreement to whatever is said and or done

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 23, 2010, 21:30

that man with the strong opinion may even be closeted himself and the only way he can deal with himself is to keep all possible contact with the glbti community and or individuals far far from himself and his aggression towards such somehow keeps him going on with the facade that he believes in his mind is right (the typical church doctrine)

i was like that myself minus the outward expressions of aggressive discontent towards glbti people

Who knows?????

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 23, 2010, 22:48

that man with the strong opinion may even be closeted himself and the only way he can deal with himself is to keep all possible contact with the glbti community and or individuals far far from himself and his aggression towards such somehow keeps him going on with the facade that he believes in his mind is right (the typical church doctrine)

i was like that myself minus the outward expressions of aggressive discontent towards glbti people

Who knows?????

it was a genuine inquiry oooooo…..and we have had a good ongoing dialogue….I’m glad he wrote and it was a good opportunity for me to put all these thoughts down on paper.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 24, 2010, 07:48

my bad

i did not make myself clear

i was referring to the man at the home group ….

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 24, 2010, 09:55

…and obviously I was scanning very late at night….sorry.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.