Forums

Confused and feeling alone.

Page:   1 2 3 4

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
December 12, 2010, 19:15

Hey Lee, it was nice to meet you at lunch today. You’re a really nice person and God obviously has his hand on your life.

For me, your situation really highlights how hard it is for an LGBT person to become a Christian. I’ve been a Christian my whole life and it is hard enough, but to go through those early phases without support is very difficult. As I said though, God is in control so I think you will be fine.

Do stay in touch!

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
December 12, 2010, 23:11

For everyone else, the book in question is Bulletproof Faith: A Spiritual Survival Guide for Gay and Lesbian Christians . http://www.amazon.com/Bulletproof-Faith-Spiritual-Survival-Christians/dp/0470279281

I was part way through reading it, but thought 2quick would get more out of it. The part that I have read so far was pretty good.

2quik

Joined in 2010
December 13, 2010, 14:16

Hey mate

It was so so lovely to meet you too. It felt great to finally talk about alot of things and also get to know you. You are a lovely guy and gave me alot to think about. I really hope to hang out with you again soon and meet some of your circle of friends. I would really love to come to brisbane next weekend for that dinner so I am going to see if I can make it. What was the name of that website again.. I thought I saved it to my favourites.

Yeah it is hard to walk the new path as a christian and gay but yes you are right god has his hand on me for sure and I know you have your struggles too Adam. Thank you for acknowledging my situation and for listening to me talk and talk lol. Thank you also for the book.. I am looking forward to reading it alot. I am so grateful to god for bringing you into my life.

I will keep in touch for sure and please keep in touch with me as well 🙂 Hope your day at work is good 😀

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 14, 2010, 01:20

That is a terrific book. I have a copy of it as well.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 21, 2010, 19:53

Hi Lee,

Haven’t seen you around the forums for a few days and just wanted to touch base. Hope all is well. I sent a reply to your message to me also.

Blessings,

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 28, 2010, 14:25

I have know Candace for some years now …..done a podcast interview with you and participated in a conference in the US as well where we finally got to meet face to face. Enormous respect for her.

2quik

Joined in 2010
December 31, 2010, 15:59

Hi Meg.

I wrote you back a message,, sorry have just been busy with work absolutely inundated and just have had no chance to be online… The book mr summit gave me is good.. I have not had a chance to read the whole thing yet but am working my way through it… I know I no longer feel in my heart that it is a sin to be gay and that I am going to hell for it. I am who I am, there is alot I can change except this I cannot change me being gay and I am pretty sure god still just accepts me and loves me as I am as he knew this is how I was going to be when I was born… I feel pretty good with being gay and god still loving me. That issue is getting resolved at least.

2quik

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 2, 2011, 18:25

this article by my friend Candace might be of interest

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-candace-chellewhodge/why-gays-and-lesbians-sho_b_801399.html

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2011, 19:39

Hi avb

I really enjoyed this article. I like how Candace reminds us that the earth is no longer thought to be flat as it once was and women are not regarded as the property of men in quite the same way. And we don’t use the bible to justify our changes from these biblical stances/practices. And yet people very often want to interpret literally about homosexuality when there really isn’t much, if anything, written on the subject that can be related to our modern LGBT lifestyles.

Candace wrote:

The Bible remains a holy book because it maps humanity’s journey with God, and not the other way around.

I really like this quote too. And that’s why I can still enjoy the bible because it’s like a history lesson and one filled with adventure, drama, emotion and all the facets of human experiencing. I think the emphasis on humanity’s journey can also be applied to prayer in the sense that we pray not to bend God’s will but to align ourselves with the greater love. In my opinion, that’s when miracles happen, when prayer changes us for the better.

Thanks for posting this, avb.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 4, 2011, 00:53

my pleasure

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.