Page:   1 2 3

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 14, 2010, 15:39

Yes exactly!! 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 14, 2010, 15:45

To quote a journalist friend of mine: A guy in a dress, in charge of a mob of boy diddling ‘celibate’ men in frocks is hardly the person to pass comment on how the rest of society conducts their sex lives.

Quoting from memory here, so might not be word for word, but that’s the general gist of it.

P.S I’m pretty sure the originator of that comment, nor myself, intend any slight to cross dressers.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 14, 2010, 16:12

So let me get this straight (if you’ll pardon the expression).

A man who has taken a lifelong vow of celibacy is accusing ME of attacking creation and endangering the species?

no…..didn’t you know orfeo……celibacy is natural……the entire animal kingdom practices it…….. 😀 😀 😀 😉 0:)

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 14, 2010, 16:16

To quote a journalist friend of mine: A guy in a dress, in charge of a mob of boy diddling ‘celibate’ men in frocks is hardly the person to pass comment on how the rest of society conducts their sex lives.

Quoting from memory here, so might not be word for word, but that’s the general gist of it.

P.S I’m pretty sure the originator of that comment, nor myself, intend any slight to cross dressers.

you did well quoting from memory mazdragon…..i think this is the quote you are referring to.

“The claim that homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ … Perhaps the Pope is suggesting that it lies beyond the scope of ‘normal’ human behaviour. If so, this has uncomfortable implications for an association of old men who wear dresses, hear voices and practise ritual cannibalism. … Self-enforced celibacy.. is all but unknown among other animal species. If any sexual behaviour is out of tune with the natural world, it is surely that of the priesthood.”

–George Monbiot writing in Britain’s The Guardian, July 13.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 14, 2010, 16:21

That’s similar, but the journo I was quoting is an Aussie. Perhaps she was paraphrasing that piece.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 14, 2010, 16:30

possibly some clever person thought of it first….wrote it….then its morphed into several versions.

Rabid Womble

Joined in 2010
January 14, 2010, 20:40

The ‘holes’ get worse when you look at the Catholic Churches treatment of those in its charge and the way it reacted to news of that treatment! I suspect that they

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 14, 2010, 22:57

now thats incredibly tragic story of religion at its worst isn’t it.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
March 16, 2010, 21:59

Speaking of diversity hehe … I had a little chat with someone from work recently about implementing a wider diversity policy.

I hope my activist past doesn’t come back to haunt me 😀 😀 😀

Oh hang on, wait a minute, don’t they call it advocacy now???

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 17, 2010, 17:54

what about ambassadorship…..hehe

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.