Forums

Do you believe this to be true? If so...... how does this relate to your journey to reconciliation of your faith and sexuality.

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 9, 2010, 16:26

ALL FOR A REASON

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that

they were meant to be there…to serve some sort of purpose, teach

you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to

become.

You never know who these people may be but when you lock eyes with them or

hear their words, you know that very moment that they will affect your life

in some profound way. And sometimes things happen to you at the time that

may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realise that

without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realised your

potential, strength, will power or heart.

Some people believe everything happens for a reason. Some people believe

things happen by chance or by means of good luck. Whatever your

belief….illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer

stupidity all occur as reasons or opportunities for you to grow in every way

possible. Use these opportunities as a stepping stone to greater and better

things for you.

The people you meet can affect your life. The successes and downfalls that

you experience can create who you are, and the bad experiences

can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and

important ones.

If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them

because they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of

being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they

love you, but also because they are teaching you to love and to open your heart

and eyes to little things. Make every day count.

Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you

possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again.

Talk to people you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Say

good morning or hello to complete strangers with a smile. Let yourself fall

in love, break free and set your sights high.

Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a

great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don’t believe in

yourself, no one else will believe in you.

“If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see are obstacles. Keep your

eye on what you want and go for it.”

Create your own life and then go out and live it.

And if anyone has helped to make a difference in your life…let them

know…by a word, a letter or just a smile. Better now then when they are

gone.

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason, you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (any way) and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
February 10, 2010, 15:10

I believe it to be true, in general, but I don’t see that it does, or even that it needs to affect my journey of reconciling faith and sexuality. I don’t even see a need to reconcile them any more.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 11, 2010, 03:44

Who wrote this piece, avb?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 11, 2010, 04:23

I believe there are lessons to be drawn from all our experiences. And very reluctantly, I have to admit that the hardest lessons that have broken my heart open have usually resulted in the most growth. I think I’m OK with both my sexuality and faith so wouldn’t relate those to the above.

In terms of past church experiences and my current faith, there’s good and bad that’s brought me to where I am now. I believe a philosophical approach can be helpful at times, and there is definitely truth in what’s written in this article. And yet, it can seem very pat, lightly sweeping over the surface of wounds that run deep and have never been properly acknowledged.

I’m thinking about forgiveness. It’s a very mysterious area to me and I believe there’s a lot of misunderstanding about what it actually is. I mean, I know I’m supposed to be forgiving and yet there’s also the need for accountability for abuses that were committed. There’s nothing mentioned about the responsibility that needs to be taken by those who committed crimes and horrendous acts and this is also a very important part of facing the truth which sets us free, both for perpetrators and victims.

At the end of the article, where it’s written:

“It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.”, I have no idea what that means. Maybe others can enlighten me?

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 11, 2010, 10:01

I am in a quandry about such …

I do believe that anything that does not kill you (whether physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually) can you make you stronger.

Whether this is “planned” or is by luck, whether we call it into being by our actions and words (even if we do not intend on that sort of thing happening to us) or whether there is dark forces at work etc is a question i continually ask. Perhaps it is a combination of all??????

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 15, 2010, 02:10

Who wrote this piece, avb?

i’m not really sure Ann Maree…..just things that have come through on emails…..you know….those ones people send to everyone in their address book.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 15, 2010, 02:14

I am in a quandry about such …

I do believe that anything that does not kill you (whether physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually) can you make you stronger.

Whether this is “planned” or is by luck, whether we call it into being by our actions and words (even if we do not intend on that sort of thing happening to us) or whether there is dark forces at work etc is a question i continually ask. Perhaps it is a combination of all??????

I used to say as a preacher…..in life you either become bitter or better. Its our responses to life’s experiences determines what we become.

I still believe that intensely…..and continue to live by it.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.