Forums

Finally Free @ 30yo... My Journey from Church Masks to Truth

Page:   1 2

JinPerth

Joined in 2011
July 9, 2011, 23:46

Hi grebo5454,

It is amazing how when the road once felt so lonely, I am now hearing about many others have obviously gone through such similar journeys! Will definitely read your story and look forward to hearing more about it. Thanks for sharing and for loving!

IanJ

Joined in 2009
July 10, 2011, 20:06

Welcome Jin!

It’s a sad fact that many of us have to go through so much alone, before we find that there are so many ‘on the other side’ who’ve been through the same thing. I think one of the biggest challenges is to reach out to gay Christians and let them know that it’s OK- and reduce the torthure they put themselves through.

Ian

ps God loves you just as you are!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 10, 2011, 22:00

Hi JinPerth,

Hopefully in time your parents will become more accepting. Most parents want to see their children happy, healthy and enjoying life. As your parents see you being comfortable, confident and happy in who you are hopefully they will become more accepting. Don’t give up on them.

When my son came out to my husband and I he told us of a web site called PFLAG, http://www.pflagaustralia.org.au/ , parents, families and friends of lesbians and gays, it was very helpful, if your parents are willing they might find it of interest. Also the “Our heterosexual, families, friends and supporters” section of this forum where you will also find Helen and my stories might also be helpful to them.

Amen to what Ian said, you are very much loved by God and you are no longer alone.

God bless

RaulG

Joined in 2010
July 10, 2011, 22:14

Querido Jin,

Let me join the voices welcoming you here. Your story is one that many in the community know very well, as they have lived it themselves. Know that you are not alone, for you walk in company both mortal and divine. All of us, gay and straight here are with you, just as assuredly as God walks with you.

Welcome home.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

JinPerth

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 00:56

Guys, I am truly blessed to be hearing your stories and encouragement – thanks for your welcomes and thoughts!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 11, 2011, 01:02

Hi JinPerth

You’re welcome and it’s great to have you with us! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Liz

Joined in 2011
July 11, 2011, 20:57

Hi Jin,

I’m so glad you found this group, and have reached the point in your journey where you get to start being open about who you are. I also have difficulty with my parents, so admire your strength in coming out to them very much! Everyone here has made such a difference to me in so little time, I’m sure you will appreciate their support and love at this point in your life!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Liz

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.044 seconds.