Forums

Gay Pentecostal/Revival Kiwi in Japan

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Rivers

Joined in 2008
May 12, 2009, 22:17

Gettingthere and Pentatropics,

You both asked for an update, so here it goes:

I am a very happy confident care-free Holy Ghost-filled guy, really really in love with the King of the Universe, Jesus.

God is doing awesome things. This year has been like a dream. Everyday is amazing. I love God so much and feel His presence. Its all the work of the Holy Spirit, my best friend. I love Him so much. They can take anything – my house, my clothes, my TV, my boyfriend, anything – but Lord, “take not your Holy Spirit from me”.

All my desire for “ministry” has died, and yet, when I got my eyes back on Jesus and really focused on loving the Holy Spirit with all my heart, He has started resurrecting everything Himself. Its like I’ve died and He’s starting to live through me. Its an amazing ride! I want to die more so I can experience more of His life. It really is amazing.

I haven’t gone back to the original church I ministered at, but think about them often and will probably end up becoming good friends with them I think.

Instead I have started going to a big Hillsong-like church here and am connecting with the leaders slowly, letting them get to know me. I actually came out to the main pastors already via email last year, but I don’t think they have put two and two together yet, so more openness will be required at some stage. Just waiting on the Holy Spirit for the timing and grace. I put rainbows etc on my Twitter and YouTube, but even then some people are slow, so I probably will need to be more direct if they ask me to minister.

One thing I am not going to do is seek or accept any leadership or speaking at this new place unless they suddenly become comfortable with my sexuality. But the Lord is already using me to find the new GLBT believers who come in through their outreaches and encourage them, and that’s enough I think.

And now the Lord has given me a vision for evangelism and reaching out with the love of God, not in the church but out on the streets and in the bars and in the parks – and no one can stop that. I am sharing the vision with pastors and leaders in Japan and the response is good so far (I guess they all want the newly saved in their churches haha). Started on Twitter and YouTube to reach Japanese with the Good News, follow up new Japanese believers and connect with Christians who are visiting Japan.

I am also doing a 2 year bible course via the ACTS bible school, a division of Encounter Missions International led by Janet Robertson and Sandy Turnbull of Glory Tabernacle in Long Beach California. The students are all GLBT on fire for God who love the Word and the Holy Spirit. I have really been blessed and encouraged in my faith, and seeing the rich faith of all the students. Its humbling. They love the Word and God so much it makes me more hungry for God myself.

Anyway, hope that updates you a little. If you want more info about what we are doing here in Tokyo or the vision, message me and I will email you. If any of you speak Japanese or ever visit Japan, come and say Hi. You could go out on the streets with us too!

Oh I almost forgot. Lonnie Frisbee. I was so blessed to find out about the ministries of Lonnie Frisbee and Brant Baker. They were both gay but used of God powerfully, carrying an anointing like Kathryn Kuhlman in the 1970s and 1980s. God used Lonnie to spark the Jesus People movement and help grow both Calvary Chapel and the Vineyard movement. He was a pioneer for us. I have been in contact with people who were close to him and they have been really encouraging. They told me to dream big and speak in tongues throughout the day. This has revolutionized me. I am like speaking in tongues nearly all day everyday and its just absolutely amazing all the supernatural things God is doing.

I believe God is going to spark a movement similar to the Jesus People movement among the youth of Tokyo, and that He will use Rainbow youth to be a big part of it. The first drops of rain are already beginning to fall, but the storm is coming.

Bless you all!

Tim

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 12, 2009, 22:48

goooooooooooo Tim…..I believe in you.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
May 12, 2009, 22:50

Far out Tim that is such an encouraging update ๐Ÿ˜€ just what I needed been a bit flat of late……..far out Id never heard of Lonnie or Brant WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted of developments, far out the things that God has been doing. ๐Ÿ˜€

Rivers

Joined in 2008
May 13, 2009, 03:29

Anthony, yes. I didn’t mention you in the update but heaven knows all you do behind the scenes and keeps the record. Thank you for letting the Holy Spirit work through you.

Magsdee, check out Lonnie and Brant on google video and youtube. Finding Lonnie was a real turning point for me. Suddenly everything about how God wants to use us made sense and any remaining nagging doubts vanished, never to return. Lonnie would have been 60 this year. May a new generation of youth empowered by the Holy Spirit rise up, displaying the bright colours of the anointing, the coat our Father gave us, and releasing the River of His glorious love into the nations.

Just started all of the below. Check them out and join in faith for revival harvest.

Tim

Tokyo Miracle Community (targets Tokyo, Japan)

Twitter Japanese (targets Tokyo Japanese and new Tokyo believers with the gospel of God’s love in Japanese): http://twitter.com/tokyo_miracle

Gmail Japanese: [email protected]

Twitter English (targets Charismatics/Pentecostals for Japan evangelism in English): http://twitter.com/tokyomiracle

Gmail English: [email protected]

YouTube (Japanese but open to all): http://youtube.com/tokyomiraclej

Global Miracle Community (targets GLBT/atheists/new age/global/all people with God’s love, words from Holy Spirit in English):

http://twitter.com/globalmiracle

Gmail: [email protected]

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 13, 2009, 23:15

I do what I do where ever tim…behind the scenes…..grass roots….or on national TV or radio….all the same to me…all important. I’m a spy…missionary….lover of god…lover of poeple…he is here …he is there….he is everywhere…… ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

my only prayer is that if ever I make it on the front page of the news it will be good news. ๐Ÿ˜†

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
May 13, 2009, 23:58

God is doing awesome things. This year has been like a dream. Everyday is amazing. I love God so much and feel His presence. Its all the work of the Holy Spirit, my best friend. I love Him so much. They can take anything – my house, my clothes, my TV, my boyfriend, anything – but Lord, “take not your Holy Spirit from me”.

Tim

Tim thank you so much for the update. Your words above are Spirit inspired and I loved reading them. They gave me goose bumps and made my eyes glassy.

Your coming out email to pastors, which they may or may not remember, is EXACTLY where I am at with a local AoG church. My intial email a few months ago essentially asked whether they were gay-affirming (perhaps naiively), and the senior pastor’s response was clear as mud – i.e. “come in for coffee and we will discuss your concerns”. Then I chickened out on having that discussion and I’ve just been going to services. I’m meeting with the pastor after church on Sunday to arrange a proper water baptism (I got the anglican sprinkle at age 10 and want to be fully immersed). In that meeting, I’m nervous about him saying “Hey, are you the same guy who emailed me blah blah blah”. I don’t want to hogg your thread Tim, but to explain, I’ve been turned away by other pastors of local pentecostal churches who have said they cannot journey with me if I will not turn from sin. But your words and some other things posted here make me realise I must FIRST have a relationship with the pastors, not go roaring into their territory demanding acceptance for my sexuality. That revelation is so valuable – thank you so much.

Your passion for street-level evangelism is awesome. I got sick of my Anglican/Presbyterian/Uniting background because these churches seem to be Holy Sunday clubs. They’re quite content with their current membership. The attitude is “Don’t go out telling people on the streets about us – what kind of riff raff will you bring to our financially struggling church?” But what about the Great Commission? What about the direction to go and make disciples? What about the obvious desire to bring people to God’s grace and salvation? I feel compelled to evangelise, but I have no clue how. I’m hoping I’ll learn that in my AoG church (the pastor is inspiring to me because he leads huge crusades in Australian aboriginal communities and in place overseas like Papua New Guinea). It sounds like I should be taking some tips on evangelism from you. Don’t suppose you might start a thread on that (now I’m getting greedy – lol)

The bible study school sounds great. I yearn to do the same. Is your school distance education – ie internet?

Thanks so much for your update and for bringing us along with you on your incredible journey. I also have God working lovingly and feverishly in my life and I also am passionately in love with the Spirit – I just can’t get enough of Him.

You’re an inspiration – thanks so much for sharing, and be sure to keep posting so we can watch you spread your wings and fly!

Peace and love

Pentatropics

Rivers

Joined in 2008
May 14, 2009, 14:09

Hi Pentatropics,

Well the Holy Spirit is leading you and will guide you. People’s minds get renewed slowly, so we need the fruit of patience. The truth always wins out in the end though.

Anthony has a great method called “Creating a Space for Change”. Check it out.

http://gayambassador2.blogspot.com/2008/08/creating-space-for-change-powerpoint.html

Check out the bible school here at: http://actsglobal.org. Highly recommended. If you are strongly considering it, email me at [email protected] and I will tell you more.

On evangelism, teaching people how to lead others to Jesus is a big part of what I do, so I will be glad to help. I will be happy to train you via email, Twitter etc (use [email protected] or [email protected]).

While this is not an evangelism forum (so I don’t know it is appropriate to make a new thread just for this), let me just say that with the Holy Spirit’s help and a few simple scriptures it is very easy to lead people to have a power encounter with Jesus’ love (and incredibly fun too). Just like fishing in the natural, there are thousands of ways to fish, depending on the type of fish you fishing for, but it all comes down to the love of God, total dependence on the Holy Spirit and simply communicating the core basics that God loves us, we have all sinned, Jesus died for us all and rose again, and we need to decide to live for Him.

I keep coming back to a simple gospel script I learnt and put to memory to overcome timidity at a big event called Good News New York and at Good News Shreveport. Many others probably have better ways of communicating than me, but I tend to ramble, so this method helped me focus. Over 2 weeks in New York I led about 200 people through the prayer one on one and then in Shreveport over 2000 people. If you had seen how timid I was before then you would know how much of a miracle that was. It was all the Holy Ghost.

It is very very simple, but the Holy Spirit uses it with dramatic results. The gospel is the power of God. I will copy it below with a link to the original and other tools. I pray it will be a blessing to you and that you will step out with boldness to see many people experience God’s love.

Good News!

Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a wonderful plan for your life? I have a real quick, but important question to ask you. If you were to die this very second, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven?

Let me quickly share with you what the Holy Bible reads. It reads “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” and “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”. The Bible also reads, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”. And youโ€™re a “whosoever” right? Of course you are, all of us are.

Iโ€™m going to say a quick prayer for you. Lord, bless them and their family with long and healthy lives. Jesus, make Yourself real to them and do a quick work in their heart. If they have not received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, I pray they will do so now.

If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say this after me with your heart and lips out loud. Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that You are risen from the dead and that Youโ€™re coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Iโ€™m saved, Iโ€™m born again, Iโ€™m forgiven and Iโ€™m on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart.

As a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I tell you today that all of your sins are forgiven. Always remember to run to God and not from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life.

For more tools on “Love of God” evangelism in various languages check out: http://www.revival.com/www/r.aspx?p=24

Tim

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2009, 20:56

I wonder if it would be helpful to start a thread in the discussion section on

THAT meeting with your pastor/church leadership…..do’s and don’t’s

Pentatropics

Joined in 2009
May 14, 2009, 21:18

Tim, thank you so much for the guidance and for those links. A little project for me to research and reflect. I am sorry I hijacked your thread – it was not my intention. I think Anthony’s idea of a Discussion thread is sound.

Peace and love

Pentatropics

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2009, 22:40

it wasn’t highjacked…..it happens all the time….we banter back and forth….then realise…..hey…this is a good topic that should be separate thread.

sorry I missed you while you were in Sydney. Someone sent me an email today saying that I should get in contact with you……..hehe.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.