Forums

Gay Pentecostal/Revival Kiwi in Japan

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Rivers

Joined in 2008
October 21, 2010, 15:16

Hi Anthony and Pierre,

It will be great to meet you and other freedom2b[e] people. You have all been such a blessing to me and helped connect me to some wonderful people. Anthony’s wise words to live an authentic life really helped me become a whole person and then his encouragement in coaching has really changed my life for the better. Now I’m beginning to live my dreams and I love it. If anyone has yet to do coaching with Anthony, please do it. It’s probably just what you need! Thank you all.

Timothy

davidt

Joined in 2009
October 22, 2010, 13:02

Hi Timothy

I was very interested to read your posts. What a journey! From my experience, my heterosexual marriage definitely did not “cure” me of my homosexuality. I have been married to my wife for 40 years this year and nothing has changed.

In Rom 1, Paul does not mention those who were born gay and abandoned that to TRY TO practice heterosexuality.

I worked as a Baptist Pastor and missionary for some years before I resigned as I knew I was unacceptable as a person because I was gay. What the translations say is definitely not what is in the original Hebrew and Greek scriptures of the clobber passages.

Every blessing

Rivers

Joined in 2008
October 22, 2010, 22:03

Hi David,

Thank you for your comments. I love former Baptist pastors and missionaries!

I am so glad that I didn’t marry a girl when I was confused about my sexuality at bible school. I even had one of the most supernatural experiences with God up to that point in my life (felt like a bolt of lightning – good lightning – hit me in my sleep), during which God told me so clearly not to try and get married to a girl, but I was stubborn. I thought getting married was the only way I could go into ministry and hide who I was, and was so frustrated that God didn’t appear to be blessing my efforts. 

While some thought we would make a good couple, my pastor (Dr Rodney Howard-Browne) was strongly opposed and even said some things from the pulpit that I was very angry about at the time, but I see now that it was the hand of God protecting me (and her).

Months later Pastor Rodney called me aside during a series of revival meetings at a big AOG church in Melbourne and said he was glad we had broken up. He said the marriage would have hindered the call and anointing on my life and that God had something better for me. He also encouraged me to buy new clothes, cut my hair and make myself look good. I don’t think he realized the kind of impact his words would have on a 21 year old gay man (though I wasn’t out and was still rejecting my God-given sexuality at that stage), but when the Man of God tells you to go shopping you go shopping! I walked into church wearing the “gayest” clothes and haircut you could ever imagine the next week! I didn’t even realize because I didn’t know any gay people at the time. But God really touched my heart through that and did a healing work.

Now looking back I am amazed and just so thankful at how the Holy Spirit has always been so good to me. He has always been willing to be so much closer than any other friend. And He has brought me to a place in my life where I am now so convinced of God’s love for me and our community it’s unshakeable. 

God’s love is so strong. I have no strength to resist. I can only yield, cry, worship and wipe His feet with my tears. For I am utterly convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38-39).

Bless you David.

Timothy

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 23, 2010, 09:05

Hi Timothy

That’s so sweet about the clothes and your being encouraged to go shopping! I can just imagine your delight in that as well as God’s delight in you discovering and being more yourself. 😀 0:)

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Rivers

Joined in 2008
October 23, 2010, 12:49

Dear Ann Maree,

Yes it really set me free from some religious ideas I had about myself and about God. I still remember how good it felt wearing what felt right for me, without worrying about what others thought. Even though I was still trying to change myself, I felt so happy just being me in this simple way and realizing that God even cares about the small details of our lives – our hair and our clothes. “Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you? (Matthew 6:28-30)” I praise God for all the hairdressers, fashion designers, make-up artists and others in industry and society who work hard to make people look their best and feel special. It’s the love of God flowing through them and expresses how God feels towards creation. All are dearly loved and graced by the Lord.

Timothy

Rivers

Joined in 2008
October 24, 2010, 03:58

Hi everyone,

Click HERE to watch the powerful coming out of Bishop Jim Swilley to his “Church in the Now” in Atlanta, Georgia. This is one of the most powerful, humorous and intelligent coming out messages I have heard. I met Bishop Swilley in Long Beach at the All Nations Gathering last month and was able to encourage him. His coming out means so much to me. Please stand with me in faith, that his ministry and anointing will expand and increase, and that everything that has been stolen from him will be restored, in Jesus’ Name.

Timothy

Rivers

Joined in 2008
March 15, 2011, 14:42

Thank you for all the messages of love and concern.

Please see the following link for a full update: http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/1362#comment-13226

Love you all!

Timothy

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
March 15, 2011, 19:29

youre rainbow miracle? cool!

steveo

Joined in 2010
March 15, 2011, 20:29

Hey Timothy

As a kiwi who has lived through 2 recent earthquakes in Christchurch i know the what your going through and my prayers are with you bro. Kia Kaha (stay strong)

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.