Forums

Gene Robinsons Gay Pride Day Sermon

Page: 1

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
October 31, 2012, 14:44

Interesting Sermon by Gene Robinson.

http://www.upworthy.com/next-time-someone-uses-the-phrase-good-christian-this-is-who-ill-think-of?c=upw1

(and for those interested theres a new Film https://www.facebook.com/LoveFreeOrDie)

Interested in peoples thoughts on this

J

Joined in 2012
November 2, 2012, 08:43

Wow such an amazing video, thanks for sharing that Shadow. I think I'll send that video to some of the unchristian people / communities here in NZ *cough* Colin Craig *cough*. Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's things like that in the video where by giving out water you're sending the world a message that 'hey, we're ALL different, but we're ALL the same – so haters, get over yourselves and start loving'.

This reminds me of the hate that people have for the Westboro Baptist Church. Whilst it's extremely disgusting what they do and completely unchristian (it's blatantly obvious even for non religious people), our hate in exchange for their hate isn't going to solve anything. In fact it's embarassing that we show just as much hate for them whether we realize it or not. If I were in Topeka, Kansas, and I saw the Westboro Baptist Church and/or its members, in all honesty, I would probably go and give them a bunch of home baked rainbow coloured cupcakes 😛 and if they were to say they were tainted by the devil or whatever they would usually say to gay people, and hit the tray and knock the cupcakes to the ground… I would say something like 'Oh you dropped the cupcakes, I'll go make some more'.

It's things like this that change the world. Love > hate, not hate 4 hate 🙂

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
November 6, 2012, 11:00

Jordon – you are right.. It was love – even when being eaten by lions and crucified – that caused christianity to overwhelm the Roman empire. In addition its Jesus's command to us. Judge not, Love one another as I have loved you, Do unto others as you would have them do to you AND turn the other cheek.

These are NOT easy commands but they are commands. Firebombing family planning clinics, Protesting against Gays or unmarried mothers, voting to repeal Universal Health care (Jesus said those that do not help the sick will burn in eternal fire) – these are actions that BREAK Jesus's commands. Clearly and unequivocally !.

HeyCrunchKing

Joined in 2012
November 10, 2012, 06:22

I've seen this whole docco! (Working for a Christian community has its advantages I suppose!)

If you get a chance to watch the entire thing you definitely should. It's very moving and thought-provoking.

Rowland Croucher

Joined in 2011
November 30, 2012, 10:22

Here's a review/summary of Gene Robinson's latest book:

http://jmm.org.au/articles/31311.htm

I'm part of an organizing group to bring the good Bishop to Australia late May 2013

The media (especially various ABC programs including Q&A) are *very* interested.

Watch this space!

Rowland Croucher

[email protected]

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.