Forums

HELLO 🙂 26yo lesbian with one foot out of the closet

Page: 1

sarah064

Joined in 2014
March 25, 2014, 18:30

Hi Everyone,

I've spent my life telling people I was asexual and avoiding all intimacy because it was more important for me to have a relationship with God than to ever acknowledge something so horrible about myself as being same-sex-attracted. Over the last couple of years a lot of things changed for me in my career and personal life, I took a very big step back from my previously large time commitment to the church and started to ask questions.

Over Christmas I went home for the holidays & came out to my immediate family & two selected church friends, none of which had an issue. I've been dropping large hints over time, and although my dad was a little disappointed I know that comes from a place of fear – fears of me being a miserable old hag (not to worry, dad – I'll get a dog!).

This is then the beginning of a new journey for me – what does it mean to be both gay and Christian? Can I be both? ….I rejected religion and the existence of God altogether last year, and in hindsight that was probably just a protective mechanism because I was so afraid of being rejected by the church… but I still have questions.

I'm on the Sunshine Coast QLD – if anybody knows of any churches that would be open to these questions or have welcoming communities I'd love to know about it. Looking forward to learning from each of you who've been down similar paths.

Much Love,

Sarah

mrg

Joined in 2010
March 26, 2014, 23:31

Welcome Sarah!

Great to have you join us for the journey ahead.

Matt

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
March 28, 2014, 13:36

Hi Sarah, good on you for being open to your family & close friends. I very recently did just that. All it really was for me is being open & honest about my struggle & journey & let them know I'm still Christian too. Early days for me. But all seems very positive so far. I am from Qld originally but in Vic now. I'm sorry I don't know of churches in Qld u could visit. But surely someone here should be able to point u in the right direction. A safe place for discussion is important. I'm yet to find one close to me too.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 30, 2014, 16:51

Hi Sarah

Welcome and well done for coming out and receiving positive responses from others in your life thus far! That must be very encouraging and please know it will only get better. 🙂

In answer to your request for information about gay friendly churches in QL, I googled and found the following info. http://www.qgroups.com.au/

The Metropolitan community church is also listed in our support pages and in the qgroup link although I don't know anything about it as not living in QL.

You could also contact/attend the f2b chapter group in Brisbane. The group members may have some ideas of suitable churches. Information about the Brisbane chapter can usually be found at the home page under 'Events In Brisbane'.

Brisbane chapter meetings are held on the second Friday of every month. They are held at the Healthy Communities Building in Newstead.

For more information on our Brisbane Chapter please contact Jason and Adam by selecting “freedom2b Brisbane” on the contact page.

Keep an eye on the main events page for what's coming up at Brisbane (currently not listed).

Try contacting these and please let us know how you go

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
April 6, 2014, 11:42

Quote from Ann Maree on March 30, 2014, 4:51 pm

You could also contact/attend the f2b chapter group in Brisbane. The group members may have some ideas of suitable churches. Information about the Brisbane chapter can usually be found at the home page under 'Events In Brisbane'.

Brisbane chapter meetings are held on the second Friday of every month. They are held at the Healthy Communities Building in Newstead.

For more information on our Brisbane Chapter please contact Jason and Adam by selecting “freedom2b Brisbane” on the contact page.

Keep an eye on the main events page for what's coming up at Brisbane (currently not listed).

Try contacting these and please let us know how you go

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Sorry for the delay in saying hi and welcome to F2B, I have been very busy. Totally agree with Ann Maree about contacting the guys at the Brisbane Chapter, my son is one of the leaders, both leaders are awesome and the group is very friendly and welcoming be great if you were able to get to a meeting sometime. Contacting either Adam or Jason is a great place to start.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.