Forums

hello

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 2, 2010, 10:22

unfortunately, the was a new president in charge in at the General Conference (sda world church) who wants to bring back the good old time religion, including all the homophobia of the last 30 years.

it might not have much impact on our lives but it will make life growing purgatory for the next generations if we go back to the old days.

hey elias……I think in most christian denominations there are those who want to hold on to the past……often amongst the older group…….but it can’t survive. It will die out eventually. No matter how much they try they can’t hold back change. it they attempt to do this they turn the younger generation off.

I was pleasantly surprised when I spoke recently at an SDA forum on homosexuality that the majority of people there were in their 50’s and 60’s…….not there to oppose….but to learn.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 2, 2010, 21:23

Sounds like you have found things quite tough with strict parents and a church who is becoming more homophobic, I am sorry to hear that, feel free to talk about it on this site…it is entirelly confidential and can be a good place to put your feelings down and to hear of others experiences who may have been through similar things.

Speaking of confidentiality, as a forum moderator I thought it might be wise to let everyone know that our site is crawled by Google, so if anonymity and/or privacy is important for you, please be mindful of this.

elirow

Joined in 2010
August 9, 2010, 12:00

Hey Chris,

sometimes it’s hard to avoid being weighed down by the churches, they put out claims that you’re supposed to be involved with them on their conditional acceptance.

i have come to a peaceful kind of time, where I’m happy to go to church every now and than, it probably won’t always be easy going particularly if i got involved in church politics. other than that, i’ve learned that going to church is one issue and faith and walk with God is another.

I hope you have a nice day

🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 9, 2010, 19:59

, i’ve learned that going to church is one issue and faith and walk with God is another.

🙂

nice Elias…….good place to get to. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 9, 2010, 21:57

Yes, couldn’t agree more. Going to church is quite different to one’s personal faith and spiritual journey. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.