Forums

Hillsong recent statement on Issues of Sexuality

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 17, 2008, 20:12

Well I have learnt something new, I had to google “pink sofa” before your comment made sense. 😆 😆 Cute name.

Sounds like a great idea for promotion, just be careful that it is allowed. Some sites do not allow you to use them for promotional purposes as it is classified as “spaming”. But then I have no idea how the pink sofa works so maybe its totally fine. Perhaps best to check first.

annieb_33

Joined in 2008
July 17, 2008, 20:34

Thanks, Sandy. I will do some checking first. Best to be safe than sorry.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 18, 2008, 08:22

Hey Annieb 😀 Pink sofa is great and is where I met my g/f 😀

I tried promoting F2B there and even just mentioned it in a post in the religious discussion section but it was erased from the discussion, yet other people could put suggested sites in there posts and it wasnt touched, so while I was still single I just went word of mouth as I met people online, so I hope you have better success. 😉

Ps: arent the posers(straight men posing as women) a pain on that site? mannn, I got pulled in once and found so many more 🙄

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 18, 2008, 15:46

welcome annie…..so good to hear from you.

you may like to join us some time for our monthly chapter meetings. great bunch of people.

Sandy……even i know about the pink sofa……and I’m a gay man……hehe.

I think the thing to do there girls is mention it on the side or something in reference with another post.

Of course our difficulty is……there are so many people who would benefit from connecting with us…….but how do we reach them. Gay and lesbian sites/forums are certainly one way.

would love to hear your story annie in http://www.freedom2b.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 19, 2008, 22:53

Sandy……even i know about the pink sofa……and I’m a gay man……hehe

I’m not much of an internet freak, I prefer books honestly. I have BIG issues with this whole e-book phenomenon… anyway thats a vent for another time 😆

I actually thought it might have been a gay man chat site… pink isn’t a colour I generally associate with lesbians. That’ll teach me to jump to conclusions. 🙄 😆 Anyway, now I am much wiser so, thanks to Annie.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 20, 2008, 09:04

yes…….not sure I want to hear your views on ebooks……as I’m considering that at the moment.:lol: 😆 😆

certainly the pink thing is misleading…..I’m sure many have thought that….I know I did.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 20, 2008, 10:59

Ah I’d never post them anyway Anthony because they are all sentimental reasons for not liking e-books… that and sore eyes from reading off a screen. I wouldn’t want a reputation as a softie and as… heartfelt… as sentiment often is it doesn’t make for good argument. E-books really have heaps of positives, but then I supose you know that. By the time I am like, heaps, heaps, heaps old like you there probably won’t be any paper books being published at all 😆 😆 😆 People will look back on books as we look back on the dinosaurs…. 😉

So… I had to have a look at the pink sofa, and have a rant about using an American word like sofa on an Australian based site (what were they thinking?!) Until someone told me that it makes her think of sofa-beds and on a dating site thats hardly a negative (uh… so case closed). There is some really good info out there actually on the populariity of these kinds of things (internet dating, not sofa-beds, though maybe they are popular too) since clubs and social events are less popular and less accesible to lesbians. Plus the whole internet dating thing fits in with the sappy, lesbians are looking for love, not superfical or sex-orientated sterotype.

Also, I have an article if anyone is interested on the butch/femme dicotomy in internet dating personal advertisements… I found it facinating… maybe no one else will… probably no one else will…. but I have it if you want it. PM me.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 20, 2008, 20:43

Alright, girls, this has gotten way out of hand! Someone has to tell me how I can take myself off this pink sofa deal because its taken over my inbox with all the people sending me “smiles” and messages, totally insane!! 😳 😆 😆 Good for the ego though…

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 20, 2008, 20:57

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 😆 😆 just delete your profile ya dag 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 20, 2008, 22:11

our too funny Sandy 😆

I have a client at the moment who in mid life is possibly coming the the realisation that she might be lesbian or bi. The Pink Sofa will serve her well….as she can remain anonymous……look around …..get involved in some discussions…..see that the lesbian community has lots of common interest groups etc etc

…..and all this discovery and connecting happening from the comfort and security of her loungeroom.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.