Forums

Hillsong recent statement on Issues of Sexuality

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 21, 2008, 07:46

Yes the Pink sofa is great for that, connecting and some good chat in the discussion area. 😉 😀

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 21, 2008, 09:07

Well I have had enough “discovering” and “connecting” to last me a lifetime! 😆 😆

Obviously I know nothing about the pink sofa but maybe it might be wise to also get her on other lesbian sites, or, might I suggest, books even. 😆 😆

The problem is, the pink sofa is a dating site exculsivly and while Im making no judgement on lesbian dating per se and it sounds like an exelent way for her to get intergrated its merely one aspect of the “lifestyle” (sorry, couldn’t resist it was such a perfect opening). There are forums like this one dedicated to particular books, authors, sports (oh, I guess this isn’t america and softball isn’t synomous with lesbian) and so on, many of them are lesbian. It just gives of a whole “lesbians are regualr people and not always taking about sex or relationships vibe”… wow thats a really complicated vibe! 😆 Anyway just an idea. Plus they have a whole range on “lesbain romances” did you know that? How bizzare! So maybe thats her thing too…. Though probably an idealised version of real life like most novels…

On the other hand now I have said all that, the pink sofa sounds like a great, far less complicated idea. Im sure we can trust people not to be nymphomanics now that my profile is gone 😆 😉

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 21, 2008, 10:12

whilst I guess that the pink sofa is primarily for dating and connecting…..it is unlike the male sites….which frequently only hook up people for sex…..there is more if you want it. Discussion is one thing.

we are looking for her to connect with common interest groups in Oz…..particularly Sydney…..

I have a another former client who is a lesbian who has offered to help.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 21, 2008, 12:14

Oh I didn’t mean… is cybersex the right term? Wow I feel naieve! 😳 😆 I just meant it can get a little bit… full on in terms of women expressing their interest in.. uh… dating 😆 😆 And maybe thats too much too soon if this woman isn’t sure how she feels. But it seems like you have it under control, kind of ironic though… a woman coming to a gay man for help dealing with lesbianism or bisexuality 😆 😆

Hope it all goes well. I’ll just stop telling you how to do your job shall I? Sorry about that, rather presumptious of me. 😳

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 21, 2008, 14:03

yep….the great thing is the coaching methodology works in all situations as e never advice…..only help people get clear about what is right for them. Its based on the assumption that the client already has the answers…….and we just facilitate the process of helping them get clarity.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 21, 2008, 20:18

Well its a good thing your the coach and not me, I can’t think of anything worse. We need a new beatitude: Blessed be those with unlimited patience who do the jobs no one else will they will get lots of brownie points with God. 😆 😆

Kind of makes me worry that I picked social work as a career though… Oh dear what have I gotten myself in for! 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 22, 2008, 01:33

Kind of makes me worry that I picked social work as a career though… Oh dear what have I gotten myself in for! 😆 😆

something I never would. 😆 😆 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
July 22, 2008, 10:21

😆 😆 Great, thanks, so comforting!

You can have alot more ‘answers’ in social work and its alot more ‘doing’ and alot less ‘being’ so I think I will be ok. The whole sitting back and letting others find their own answers is a skill I imagine, one that can be learnt like all others. And, well lets face it shall we? One that would do me a hell of a lot of good to learn anyway 😆

So my pink-sofaing days are over, and well I think I’ll just chalk it up to experienece and stay well away from now on. Some things I can be a little too tenatious about get myself into a bigger mess than I started out with, this, alas, is one of those times. Thanks for bringing it up though Annie, its always good to know whats out there.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 22, 2008, 12:53

different needs different methodologies……best if we take this to an off line discussion…..people are probably getting bored with us educating each other Sandy. 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
July 22, 2008, 14:01

*YAWNNNNNNN* 😯 did someone say something? 😉 😆

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.