Forums

How sad.....still in denial....Living Waters Leader after 13 years of marriage

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 20, 2010, 12:36

Ron Brookmans recent entry on the Living Waters site reads http://livingwatersaustralia.org/yearning-to-undress-another-aspire-higher/

I had to stop and reorient myself recently. I was reading in the news that a star had ‘sexted’ a naked picture of himself to someone. The old brain chain lurched to life! I wanted to be included. As I repented, ie thought again, and pressed my desire into Jesus, I asked Him, “Why, Lord? Why does this stuff still trigger me occasionally?” As I waited on Him, I came to see that it was a remnant of my youthful sexual hunger. It came from a significant aspect of human sexual drive: the desire to uncover what is alluring and hidden. Our sexuality has to do with mystery and conquest. God has wired us to be attracted to nakedness, yet has ordained that we be covered, to dignify and put boundary between each human being. His plan is that we should be first attracted to the quality and mystery of another’s personality. But we take short cuts, to undress their nakedness, because the insecurities and brokenness of our lives find quick comfort in raw passion. The foundational experiences of our sexuality cut deep.

I diverted my desire to seek what was hidden, from creature to Creator. God, too, has kept Himself covered from us. His glory is beyond our seeing and His ways beyond our understanding! I laid down broken desire and the adrenalin excitement that was prodding me. I turned to deeper desire, that which is not so easily uncovered, not so readily satisfied, nor so quickly over. I sought the mystery, love and allure of God, for whom I thirst and from whom I draw my life.

To understand what is really happening here please refer to http://exgayaustralia.blogspot.com/p/20-questions.html or read my article on situational heterosexuality http://gayambassador.blogspot.com/2010/04/most-misunderstood-concept-in-ex-gay.html

I really feel sorry for Ron and others who are in denial…..but I really can’t condemn or judge him…..I was in denial myself for 22 years. I’m so glad today though that I can live authentically and all shame previously attached to my sexual orientation is gone. It wasn’t my sexuality that produced brokenness it was ignorance and misinformation. I am now whole. I think Ron Brookman and other ex-gay leaders still have to come to the awareness that morality and orientation are two separate things. My morality is a choice; my sexual orientation however isn’t. When they come to that realisation we won’t condemn or reject them….we will say welcome home…..we are glad that you finally learnt to love the true you.

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
October 20, 2010, 21:13

God has wired us to be attracted to nakedness, yet has ordained that we be covered, to dignify and put boundary between each human being. His plan is that we should be first attracted to the quality and mystery of another’s personality.

This is an aside, but this part seems like he’s playing a really weird theological game on himself – given that we were created naked, and clothes only came in to the picture after the fall…

That link about situational heterosexuality does explain a lot.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 21, 2010, 00:09

‘ex-gays’ who are in heterosexual marriages are situational heterosexuals Mr Summit…..in others words there are not truly heterosexual……they just have a level of heterosexual functionality…….it is just the situation…….take them out of it and they are still the same….their true orientation….gay.

does that make more sense

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.