I'm a newbie

Page:   1 2

cal87

Joined in 2011
June 14, 2011, 18:22

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 14, 2011, 20:32

yep….you certainly have found the right place Cal.

Welcome.

you will see here stories from other parents whose children are gay and how they have responded.

is your church accepting….anti gay….or dont know.

any questions you have?

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 15, 2011, 00:17

Hi Cal87

Welcome to f2b! 🙂

It’s great that your parents have responded well. How did you hear about us?

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 15, 2011, 13:16

Hi Cal87,

So good you found this site, my son (Mr Summit) is Gay and this site has helped him a lot, especially in how to tell us, his parents. He was also bought up in a Christian home, and did an extensive bible study to really see what the Bible said about being Gay, from it he was able to reconcile his faith with being Gay, we have read it and agree with him, things aren’t as clear cut as we were all led to believe. God loves and accepts everyone and created us all just the way we are.

So pleased your parents have responded so well, they will be a great support for you.

God Bless

cal87

Joined in 2011
June 15, 2011, 13:47

Hey again!

So firstly, i am not sure on my churches stance, but I know my brother’s is accepting of gay people, and I plan on going there next year when I finish uni.

I have a lot of christian friends who would not understand, so at the moment I am fairly closeted. My housemate thinks being gay is a lifestyle choice (she doesn’t know about me) – all I know is, I felt feelings like this since before I knew there was a “choice” and I certainly wouldn’t choose something that would put a rift between me and my friends and some family members, so I am 100% sure I was made this way.

As for how I found you, I can’t remember which site, but there was an add for you guys celebrating 5 years or something, so I clicked to check it out. I think at the time I was googling gay christian groups in melbourne.

Cal

mrg

Joined in 2010
June 15, 2011, 18:55

If you’re in the outer Eastern suburbs Cal, you’re more than welcome to come to visit our church at Lilydale.

That goes for anyone else on here too 🙂

mrg

Zapha

Joined in 2011
June 17, 2011, 00:10

Hey, I’m gay and not out and I know my parents would hate it if they knew 😛 Sounds great that you came out, and it’s also great that everything went well with your parents! And I think the whole ‘finding your way’ thing is definitely confusing, knowing who to trust, what decisions to make, I swear sometimes life feels like big drama

I wish you all the best and God bless 🙂

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
June 17, 2011, 00:22

Hi Cal,

Welcome and so great you found us! Its great you have support from your parents, some are not so fortunate. My partner Linda and I run the Melbourne group which is every third Friday of the month (tomorrow actually!) Anyway you are more than welcome to come and visit anytime. Its nice to hear of someone else in Melbourne and let us know if we can be of any additional support to you. 🙂

cal87

Joined in 2011
June 17, 2011, 06:08

Hey Michelle, thanks for the invite. I’m not actually in Melbourne yet, however I travel there sometimes to visit people and i am planning on coming to one of the meetings in the near future when I can get the next day off work (I work early shifts on Saturday mornings) – cal

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 18, 2011, 18:06

As for how I found you, I can’t remember which site, but there was an add for you guys celebrating 5 years or something, so I clicked to check it out. I think at the time I was googling gay christian groups in melbourne.

Cal

All that hard working creating promotion through media works out….Yeah 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.