Forums

Is Lev 18:22 about male incest?

Page:   1 2

davidt

Joined in 2009
February 8, 2010, 13:11

It is an interesting concept and thanks for putting it up here. I hadn’t heard it before.

I agree we should try to keep the discussion simple on the clobber passages. Paul says in many places the Old Testament law no longer applies. (eg All of Galatians, Acts 15, Rom 10:4, Phil 3:2 etc)

If anyone tries to claim that just because the topic is homosexuality, none of those verses apply (and most do), then Lev 19:37, Lev 20:22 and Gal 3:10, 5:3 says they MUST obey the WHOLE law. We get absolutely no choice about that.

When your children throw a tantrum and curse you or your wife, how many of them have you killed lately? Lev 20:9 says you must.

Lev 19:17 says “Do not hate your brother in your heart” I often ask people, thinking of your gay brothers and sisters in Christ, does that verse get a tick or a cross?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 9, 2010, 16:16

True David…..I think one of the things I find valuable about hearing different interpretations/theories from scholars is that it makes it even more obvious that these verses are not black and white as previously stated. To single out a verse and condemn a group of people on ones own interpretation is criminal. And of course most people who do that have no knowledge of the historicial and cultural backgrounds or the original languages. They only read an english version through the lens of their existing cultural bias’s……dangerous stuff..

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.