Forums

learnt something about myself this week

Page: 1

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 18, 2009, 12:15

Some of you will know that I opened a group here on the coast for gay dads. It had a luke warm reception locally but there were a few that were interested and turned up. But as time went on it withered and that with the combination of other idiots trying to use it as a fetish/fantasy obtainer for their own desires (even tho it was clearly advertised as a non sex group) I decided to close it down.

This last week or so I have had more enquiries and from sources such as state bodies and the courier mail.

This energised me – I knew I was just floating around aimlessly so to speak. The group gave me a mission, a purpose/reason for going through what I had gone through so to speak. So I have decided to reopen the group but with some alterations.

Being a person who was in ministry, who as their ministry – was someone who loved and helped the unlovely, the forgotten that the majority of society (including the majority of christians and churches) would not help I felt awesome that I was helping someone who wanted help to make things a bit better, easier in their life or at least found someone who would listen and not judge and condemn them.

Well I lost that with my discouragement with this group, so I was wandering aimlessly.

It is rekindled. This week, I feel more alive than I have for weeks.

I have learnt a valuable lesson this week.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 18, 2009, 17:55

thats awesome man

sometimes it just takes the external force to reveal things in our lives that have always been there but we have either ignored or never noticed.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 18, 2009, 23:50

there is much to do Tez…..believe me.

from my experience these things take time to build…..creating awareness of our existence for the people who need to connect with us is the greatest challenge as so many are secretive and cautious.

I had initial interest in the Sydney meeting of F2B….then it dropped down to about 3 or 4 attending. Now it is not unusual for us to have up to 40……and also a youth meeting.

apparently the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable….of course when I walked away from everything including my ministry I know longer believed it…..but today I can see the truth in that statement….there is something inside me that will always operate….and has come alive again. I think its just being expressed differently these days.

I was a pioneer. Churches, Youth Alive, Evangelism, New Concepts for churches all reflected this. I got visions then created them. I did the things people said could never be done….

Seeems not much has changed in my life

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 19, 2009, 15:24

well today again i was called by the sunshine coast daily – the premier newspaper here on the sunshine coast wanting an issue to do with the qld govt talking about changine surrogacy laws and including same sex partners being able to get involved in it

so i did the interview, will be in tomorrow’s paper

amazing how things can change like that so quickly

not to mention more genuine enquiries from guys with kids etc wanting to be involved in my group

amazing …..

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 19, 2009, 15:51

good on you. …..if the article is on line….can you put the link up here so we can all read it.

BTW….I was chatting with a guy in Brissie today who recently separated from his wife and kids…..I told him of your gay dads group…..there must be on in Brissie as well is there.

He is a former AOG pastor.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
August 19, 2009, 18:57

there is AVB but it is really filled with older guys who are mostly grand dads

if he is cool with that, i can give him the email addy for them

if not appropriate

i amhappy to chat with him, i get to brissy often

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 19, 2009, 22:41

I”ve told him to come here and connect with you.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.