Forums

Male 47 Pentecostal, Ex-gay, Ex-Church and trying to sort it all out.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 4, 2011, 10:51

Hi Grebo5454,

Thanks for the welcome. Im finding the forum very helpfu and the people great. Im finding it good to be able to write down my story and what Im thinking. Face to Face its alot harder, you know what men are like….Q..”How was your day at work”, A…” Yeah Good”.. then silence. Im not that bad but goes something like that..

Good to see there are parents on here as well, to me it shows a different aspect of the journey for people.

Again thanks for the welcome.

ipete…

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 4, 2011, 11:03

The price has gone down..$114.00 new, $130 Second hand…

Probably had no takers..

Suzee

Joined in 2011
November 4, 2011, 12:38

Hi ipete….

Great to have holidays…and time to read. :bigsmile:

Do you live in NZ? …. Just from what AVB said about finding his book in NZ. I’m asking that because I’m in NZ too. I could even post you AVB’s book if you can’t get hold of a copy anywhere…for a decent price. I’d be happy to do that. I think there’s a way to private message someone on here…you could give me your address….that’s only if you want to do that.

Keep us posted with how your journey is going. 🙂

Suzee

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 4, 2011, 12:56

The price has gone down..$114.00 new, $130 Second hand…

Probably had no takers..

Fascinating……..wonder how this works……and wished I got some royalties from these sales.

There were no new copies available.

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 5, 2011, 11:33

Hi Suzee,

I live in Sydney but have been told NZ is a great place and may get over there for a visit one day. Thanks for the offer to send a book over but I have already downloaded it off itunes, will listen to as I drive up the coast tomorrow to see family.

I went to the Sydney chapter meeting last night for the first time and it was great to meet to meet people off here, very welcoming people, and to here the speakers journey.

I have been looking up some ancient history to get a feel for the times those clobber scriptures where written in. Im kinda thinking that we can read them with a hollywood, 21st century perspective. I guess just a feel of what it would have been like for Jesus or Paul to walked into and see, the way people lived etc…Its pretty rough from what Ive read so far. If all that makes sense?

Thanks…

ipete….

ipete

Joined in 2011
November 5, 2011, 11:38

I would guess they are all second hand and trying to make a quick buck..

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
November 5, 2011, 13:32

ipete – G’day! Nice to meet you at the meeting last night.

One of our guys wrote a paper a while back. He posted the link somewhere on this Forum, but I can’t find it right now.

But, I found a direct link: http://bit.ly/rVWvXp

He covers some of the historical context. You might find it helpful.

Bless ya!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2011, 14:43

good to meet you last night Pete……..great bunch of people eh.

Hope you both felt at home.

freeme

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 04:43

Ipete,

Thanx for your posting i relate to you so much as it was my experience as well except i was a Pastor and had 3 churches so me coming out would have been spiritual suicide.

I have been out since 2006 now and am happy about my sexuality and have sorted out the God stuff and have such a healthy understanding of who i am, What God thinks of me, what he has for me, unconditional love and acceptance as a believer and gay.

Are you here in Perth or Eastern States?

Ever want to chat don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

Cheers

Freeme

Suzee

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 11:41

Hi ipete,

NZ is a great place to visit – you’d love it.

So cool you live in Sydney, and went to chapter meeting…and met Anthony!! You’re in good company there.

A fab idea to look at the history of the Bible times…how fascinating. I get the feeling you’re feeling more positive about things. That’s fantastic!

Keep in touch,

Suzee

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.091 seconds.