Forums

Meeting New People

Page: 1

Lisey

Joined in 2013
August 28, 2013, 23:51

Hi Everyone,

My name is Elise and I'm wondering if there are any LGBT people out there on the north shore? Or even Hills District. I live in Normanhurst and I know there are a few meeting in Marrickville but that is so far from where I live. Just wanna connect with other people like me as there is no one else I know who is christian and LGBT.

Thanks guys

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
August 29, 2013, 05:57

Hi Elise,

Welcome!

I used to live in the Hills district, as did a few other f2b'ers. Most of us have now moved out, but a couple of names come to mind who might still be there. I can put some feelers out and see, if you like. I should also add the disclaimer that since I'm now living overseas, I've not attended a Sydney meeting in over a year, so there could be even more f2b'ers from the area which I don't know about.

The monthly Sydney meetings are in a really convenient place though. The ACON building is pretty much across the road from Central station. If you can get to Normanhurst station easily enough, then it'd be a really easy trip in. I used to do it from Thornleigh.

That Marrickville event you see on the site at the moment is a more irregular event type which can be in a completely different location each time. The monthly meetings at ACON, on the other hand, are typically always at the same place (there) at the same time (first Friday of the month, 7pm). I can't recommend them highly enough.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
August 29, 2013, 07:27

Just an addendum, I've sent you a private message with some info (rather than drop names out here in the open).

Lisey

Joined in 2013
August 29, 2013, 12:03

Hi Chris,

Thanks for much for your reply. Will definitely check out the meetings at the ACON. I live very close to Normanhurst station so getting a train to Central is super easy!

Thank you! So hard to meet people if you don't live in the city!

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 29, 2013, 20:36

Hi Lisey!

Welcome to the freedom2b forums. 🙂

Like Chris, I grew up in The Hills in Cherrybrook and lived there until a few years ago. My parents still live there and I visit quite frequently.

I would encourage you to consider coming along to a freedom2b chapter meeting (first friday of each month) which is always held at the ACON Building (opposite Devonshire St entrance to Central station).

We have held youth events around the Hills and North Shore in the past such as Ice Skating at Macquarie and a house party/get together in Cherrybrook. They are always held in different locations.

One of the f2b youth leaders (Dean) lives in Quakers Hill and I know of a lovely lesbian couple in their 30s who are Christians and live in Baulkham Hills and another lesbian couple in their 30s who live in Mosman. Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch with any of them?

If you are interested in coming to the event this Saturday in Marrickville it is only a short 10min train trip from Central Station to Sydenham and a 5min walk from there.

Ben

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 29, 2013, 20:56

Hi Lisey

Welcome from me too. 🙂 I am not a Sydney-sider but can recommend you attend their monthly meeting where you will be warmly welcomed.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 29, 2013, 21:47

Hi Lisey,

Welcome to freedom2b 🙂

If you do have a chance to get along to a meeting in town you will be warmly welcomed!

Cheers

Michelle

Lisey

Joined in 2013
August 31, 2013, 21:27

Hi everyone

Thank you for your replies. I feel so welcomed! Obviously couldn't make it to the event tonight but am interested in coming to the meeting in September. Just curious as to what happens at these meetings…is there a topic of discussion or a meet and greet kind of thing?

Elise

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
September 1, 2013, 12:36

Hi again Elise 🙂

The next Sydney meeting I believe is a movie (the details are on the home page) The format is easygoing. Every chapter meeting we read out our guidelines etc so that everyone who comes knows what we are about, there is a time before and after for social catchup etc and after the meetings we get together for food and further discussions. The boys in Sydney are great and will make you very welcome!

Warm regards

Michelle 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.