Forums

my relationship

Page:   1 2 3

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 5, 2009, 12:39

Hi everyone. This is my first topic on this forum which I joined this morning. I was a married man with two beautiful children but I was attracted to a man who I have lived with for the past 12 years. We have had a great relationship and been the best of friends. He has decided to go and find himelf? moving away from me and my love and care. This has hurt me and it hurts me more when he tells me he still loves me to death and always will do? However he has no intentions of us reuniting at this stage. It is messing with my mind as I love him dearly and just wish that we could turn the clock back and find out where it all went wrong. I am an active christian and he is not. That has worked for us as he has supported me in my ministry. I have not come out and neither has he. We are considered to have an emotional relationship and that i should be happy that he is moving on and doing something else with his life. I am so confused and would appreciate some feedback and support. My daughter has been so supportive of me but it is almost too much for her now as she recently was married. 🙁

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 5, 2009, 13:40

I am so sorry to hear that you’re going through a hard place. Relationship are such a complex maze to navigate, arent’ they? It’s confusing when someone tells you they love you, but they need to move on.

Why? The question rolls and rolls through your heart and mind, and you struggle to understand where you went wrong…I’ve been there. It hurts.

There’s not a lot I can tell you, but I can offer my understanding, and my prayers.

Welcome to the forums and I trust that you will find the support and friendship here that you need in this time of need.

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 5, 2009, 13:50

IThanks Meg. I guess we all just need support when we go through these times and I do have a lot but none that really understand. 12 years is a long time the trow at the wind and I cant decide whether to make it conditional or not?

I had a laugh at you visiting the AOG. They are all nice people, somewhat narrow in their thinking but basically good christian folk. I was there for years like Tony. If I saw my life on a graph years ago I may have never wanted to navigate the road as it has bought a lot of pain. However I have had a great life and am a fun person to be with. All my friends are younger, a lot younger so I have maintained my youthfulness. My daughter adores me!!!!! I am a musician working full time in the industry.

Thanks again Meg for your encouragement.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 5, 2009, 16:20

welcome duronimo….glad that you signed up and posted.

I often encourage people who email me directly to come here for several reasons.

1. you get more support than I can offer

2. You get more perspectives than I can offer

3. Others will be be having similar experiences so they can read, relate and learn here.

Having faced what you are facing more than once in my life (except I was with the guys much less time), sometimes when there is a considerable age difference then it is not unusual for the development to be different. Whilst we have moved to the mature age the younger person maybe transitioning or even going through mid-life. it’s unavoidable from my experience…..some survive but its more the exception than the rule.

this means that there is nothing you could have done or do to change it. Unfortunately not all relationships are life long. Straight and gay. I think most of us would like longevity. But if the love is no longer there for one person in the relationship we can’t force someone to love us or stay. You have done nothing wrong to make this happen.

Often the leaving partner will say things like they love us. they do this for several reasons. Firstly they think it will help ease the pain. It doesn’t…it only makes us hold on to something that has gone. Secondly when they say they love us we are hearing something different. In reality they are saying I’m fond of you. I care for you. I want you to remain a part of my life. I enjoy your company. I dont hate you. …..but they say I love you instead. Because we are still in love with them we read it I feel the same way about you that you feel about me. If you still love me we can make it work. this is what makes it so confusing.

You will go through many emotions as you grieve the loss of this relationship. Are you aware of the stages of grieving. They are all normal and it is a process. Each stage is important……..we only have problems when we get stuck.

Its wonderful that you have support around you.

I hope I haven’t come across too directly or seem harsh….this is not my intention……just sharing from my experience and helping others through this situation.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 6, 2009, 07:45

my heart goes out to you duronimo

it is never easy

my life experience has shown me what avb has said is very true

what will happen. will he come back to you??? who knows!!!

one thing i do know – cry when we need to cry

be brave when we need to be brave

as time goes on sometimes we want to cry and fall into the heap we have in the past but something tells us not to – listen to that – because strength must come for us to not just survive but win/overcome

that does not mean we stop hurting or feeling, it just means we are not allowing it to beat us (grief must be allowed to do its thing, but sometimes people can become slaves to it when they need not)

with or without our partner life is meant to be lived

that is what jesus was/is all about

and ……. i say this for any situation, it does not mean they wont come back, they may but we still experience the grief regardless but can overcome

my prayers and thoughts are with you

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 6, 2009, 13:51

when you are ready duronimo……share your story with us in TELLING OUR STORIES…..we’d love to hear about your journey.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 7, 2009, 15:14

this has been pasted from another thread by avb to continue on duronimo’s story

Hi everyone again.

I am trying so hard to deal with the inevitable pain of my breakup from my partner of 12 years. He is still here with me and says he doesnt understand why he is doing this. He wants me to climb into bed with him, sits on the lounge at night stroking my arm and is trying to be affectionate. That is as far as it goes tho. Of course this sends mixed messages to me.

However the reason for my writing is this. I spent most of my life in the AOG so speaking in tongues was a weapon that i used often to build myself up and strengthen my faith. When i feel despair coming on I start to speak in tongues still. Isnt it wonderful that even tho we are “doomed to Hell” God does not take away a thing from us!! I wont quote scriptures here. His strength is still made perfect in our weakness, and at times I feel like I am going to die. I think they call it Panic attacks? Anyway there it is for what it is worth to anyone.

duronimo

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 8, 2009, 16:03

if you can duronimo…..keep all your posts added to this thread……instead of commencing a new one. this will mean that people who come onto to the forum and offer some support and advice will have all the background instead of knowing what is going on that particular day. I think this is important as you’ll find that different people might keep saying the same things…..does that make sense?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 8, 2009, 16:09

duronimo

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Oh man life is shit here right now. i am having a really bad day trying to organize my life as he is starting his new job on the 11th of next month in Melbourne. Says again today that he more than cares for me, he really loves me but we need a break? Wants me to hug him but I am just so hurt and told him that I just dont understand to which he says Im so sorry.

IanJ

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:53 pm Post subject: really, really hard Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Sounds like you’re having a really, really hard time. Is there anyone you can talk to? Vent with? I can keep writing comments on here- and I’m willing to do that. And others probably will too- but it isn’t the same as having someone there with you.

Ian

duronimo

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: thanks Ian

Yes i do have a lot of friends but I reckon they are tired of hearing my story! The things that have been said to me are terrible and I still have the guy living here in the house. Tony has been great and I think his last comment to me made a lot of sense. He siad that I have been and are being disempowered. I have to take back the power.

I would just love someone to take me out for coffee but no one seems to realise that can help.

Hey Ill get through this mess and hopefully not look back. Thanks again.

the_shane

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Sorry to hear about this situation. Is there anyway to join him when he makes the move? Make sure you also speak from your heart, and it’s true that in such lonely times all you want is someone to sit with you and just listen. I hope someone notices and does just that. I’ve found through experience that alot of friendships and relationships are one sided, but it’s great having a place like this in case there really is someone there who will listen.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 8, 2009, 16:11

as you’ll see I’ve put all the posts on the new thread here on the original post above. Best to keep adding what is going here instead of commencing a new topic. thanks.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.