Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 10, 2009, 23:31

hey duronimo……thought I’d check in and see how things were going

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 14, 2009, 21:55

hey Tony. I just posted a reply but goodness knows where it went. I must be plain dumb when it comes to following the thread. I never was a good sewer anyway.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 18, 2009, 11:32

mmmmmm are you a little bit technically challenged….or is it just using the forum

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 18, 2009, 14:24

I am so sorry Tony. I will get back on here when things have settled a little. I am technically challenged but really i write all my music on here as well as everything else. Even do my own tax!!!

How are all the guys out there.

I will be back soon to give you my journey.

Thanks everyone and you Tony

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 18, 2009, 21:32

we look forward to hearing from you when you are able.

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 31, 2009, 08:46

Hello everyone. I hope that this is theraputic for me and helps someone else by reading my experience.

Yesterday was our final day together. I was exhausted as I had cleaned and packed the house alone a he had to work. We eventually talked and discovered that we had ahd a communication problem. After calling each other names we finally were able to tell the truth to each other. Mainly that we had drifted apart because of our work committments and he had sort sex with others which I had known but he would deny. I confesssed to a casual experience also with someone which I said nothing about. That did not alter my love for this man at all. You see lying in a relationship is really bad!!! I have to admit that the ommission of confession is also as bad. This had been going on for some time. We cried and cried and he said that we should not be in this mess. I really thought that he gave me hope as we do love each other dearly. Or so I thought. I was lead on again. He told me that before he left he would come and say goodbye at my work place. he rang me instead and said that he couldnt do it. He said that he wanted us to remain as good friends but i really dont think wil be possible. I have too many memories.

It is going to be difficult getting over my 12 year relationship as I dont know how to let go.

He is going to call me when he gets to Melbourne but I think because he is going to be a lonely man. Remember he is going to a new job, new accomodation alone and I will get the tears on the phone etc etc. My daughter tells me that I am not to answer his calls??? Any suggestions. Of course iwould have him back in a heart beat but that would destroy my family as they too have been through the pain.

ow my doctor is wanting me to go on anti depressants but I dont wwant them. I have an inner strength and plenty of support but you are still alone at night and in the morning. I ust need someone to cuddle and love as I loved him uncondtionally.

Incidentally he had our adorable cat put to sleep. He wouldnt do it so he got his Mum to take her. That has broken my heart too as I couldnt take her with me. I guess thats a consequence and one that he will have to live with.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2009, 11:56

Possibly this section from Chapter 19 of my book might be helpful duronimo

We had a great five months together but Jay always said he didn’t really want a long-term relationship. My previous experience with Garth stood me in good stead and I made sure the fondness and love I had for him never slipped into a strong romantic love. When I picked him up from work to come and stay the usual Tuesday night at my place I knew something had changed. When we got home we sat on the balcony overlooking the bay, scotch and cokes in our hands.

‘There’s something I have to tell you,’ Jay said, ‘but I’m worried about how you’re going to react. I don’t want to lose your friendship.’

‘Go ahead, Jay,’ I responded, knowing already where this conversation would go.

Jay explained his reasons for wanting to finish our relationship but wanted to keep seeing each other as friends. In his mind Jay had obviously already made the switch from boyfriend to friend but it was going to take a little time for me.

‘You’ve made your decision to finish our relationship but I’m not prepared to give my friendship at this stage, Jay. I’ll have some things to work through. You can have my friendship when I feel I’m ready.’

Jay was shocked by my response. So was I, but for the first time I was looking after my own feelings and was not prepared to be hurt by seeing someone I still cared about move on to their next fling. I knew it was important for me to make that stand and the strength of my decision ensured Jay and I remain friends to this day. My relationship with Jay was the first wholesome one I’d had that began, continued and ended in a healthy way. I’d learnt the valuable lesson about never allowing romantic love and friendship love to mix. Like water and oil, it’s impossible to mix the two and to try to maintain a friendship with a person to whom you’re romantically attached only causes pain, placing you in the vulnerable position of becoming a victim.

duronimo

Joined in 2009
October 31, 2009, 12:19

Tony you are so much wiser than I. My daughter who adores me and understands me says the same thing as you do. there should be no contact until i am ready. Because I have invested into his life romantically and emotionally that is a hard bond to break. He is resolute in his mind but I am still holding on. I am a strong person but i suck at relationships. I become the victim and allow myself to fall into that trap. At the same time i have been used and abused which has caused a stronger attatchment.

We have been more than freinds Tony, or maybe I was wrong. Maybe that is all we were and I misunderstood his intention. Sexually he was active outside the relationship and this is where it has got us. It was cleverly hidden from me. I am also dealing with a guy who it has been confirmed has a personality disorder and i thought that by being with me he would “come right”. It doesnt work. You have to steer clear of these kind of people the moment you encounter them. I knew that but did not have the right mind to cast him aside. He just came back. Anyway I hope that I have learned a valuable life skill, but I have a grieving process to go through which is going to take time. Been for a walk along the beach today but not having him with me made it an unpleasurable experience.

Thanks again for your advice.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2009, 12:37

😳 not so sure about wiser…….just had to learn some hard lessons in life.

this one below from Chapter 17 was a huge one…….for many years we can be blind to the behaviours…….then one day we wake up and say WT? have I been doing all my life.

Over the next few weeks Jason continued to distance himself while I tried to deal with the possible loss of my lover. Two weeks later, I plucked up the courage and made an appointment at the Albion Street AIDS Clinic. The female doctor was warm and genuine as she took me through the gruelling two-hour interview, asking me every question imaginable about my sexual activities. In 1992 there was still much to learn about the devastating disease, and medical researchers were trying to gain as much data as possible to understand the various possible means of infection. I was naive about many things; my interview lasted an extra half hour because the doctor needed to explain terms like ‘toy’ and ‘water sports’, Even though these were not exclusively homosexual practices, they were foreign to me.

Already having some understanding about what had brought me to the clinic, the doctor finally asked that question I usually brushed off quickly. ‘So, how are YOU going?’ she asked slowly and deliberately. Instead of my usual instant, conditioned response, ‘Don’t worry about me, I’m fine,’ I made the mistake of pausing for a moment. The suppressed emotions of the last couple of weeks gushed forth along with the embarrassing details of my life with Jason, including the violent episodes, although I assured her there was always a valid reason for his behaviour. ‘Have you heard of the co-dependent or drama triangle?’ she asked. The drama triangle is a psychological model of human interaction in transactional analysis created by Stephen Karpman to help understand the dynamics behind some unhealthy relationships. Drawing a triangle on a piece of paper in front of me, in one corner she wrote the word ‘rescuer’, in another ‘victim’, and in the final one, ‘persecutor’. Pointing her pen back to the ‘rescuer’ corner she began to describe typical behaviours and thinking. It wasn’t difficult to understand that she was indicating this was me, and I remembered my first thoughts of Jason being, ‘Oh you poor guy, life has been so hard, let me help you.’ Next she moved the pen to the ‘victim’ corner. ‘Jason in a nutshell,’ I thought. Nothing went right for him and I’d often wondered why he seemed to have more bad luck than the average person. She drew an arching line showing how I had moved from rescuer and was now standing with Jason in his corner. Moving Jason now to the third ‘persecutor’ corner, I saw where that left me. I was now the victim taking Jason’s verbal and physical abuse as the true martyr I was. Just as in that moment twelve months before when I chose to forgive those who’d abandoned me, I was once again experiencing a defining moment in my life. It would take me years to fully integrate that understanding; that pattern felt so natural because I had replayed it over and over for as long as I could remember.

duronimo

Joined in 2009
November 1, 2009, 00:18

I cannot believe how accurate a description that is of my situation Tony.At this point in time I see it so clearly and recognise that i have been recued. It is just working through the mess. Is it our compassion as christians that gets us into these mess ups. I wanted to help this guy but he never wanted any help from me or any professionals. A characteristic of a narsicist. Tragic isnt it? I am benefitting from sharing my situation as it helps me to work through all the pain.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.