Forums

My story from shame to freedom.

Page:   1 2 3 4

sman

Joined in 2009
October 1, 2009, 16:08

Im doing ok AVB. Lifes had a lot of ups n downs over the past month. Everything from being told how anti God I am to having more people open up to me that they are Gay. My lifes full of drama… Which in some ways I love it. Also BIG excitement was Geelong Winning the AFL grandfinal. Ive never felt so excited about Football than that Game. I said to my wife “I want it to be a close game they are more exciting”. Shouldnt have said it because it was insane.

Thats me.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 1, 2009, 23:18

thanks for the update……oh no….not more coming out of the closet.

sorry I can’t comment on the weekend match……not a football/AFL follower….some of the players are attractive though….hehe.

sman

Joined in 2009
October 3, 2009, 14:19

AVB why doesn’t it surprise me you perv on Footballers…lol. I was too enveloped in the game to be checking them out. And yeah there is more Christians coming out Gay more n more I share my story with people. I feel like God is doing amazing things, using me and others to show the world that God loves us and its ok to be Gay. We are very blessed arent we.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 23, 2009, 22:52

Hey Shane

Thanks for sharing. I like that things don’t always have to be categorised. We can just be. I’m reminded me of a line in a film that showed at the MQFF this year. It was about 2 orthodox jewish girls studying the torah. From what I recall, one of the main characters said: “When I first studied music I learnt to play in the traditional way but then I realised that often the best music is unorthodox/unconventional, and so it is with love.” (This made a powerful impression on me because of the persons’ actions that followed, which were incredibly loving).

Love knows no bounds and it can take many forms.

All the best to you,

Ann Maree

sman

Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 18:18

Ann Maree thanks for ya kind words. I love people on this site because we are all different. I believe I break a mould which is hard sometimes, I would be labeled bi-sexual a lot of the time but I am only attracted to my wife so I then must be Gay however I have no need now days to live gay because my marriage works… I sit in the unknown. Some would say Im gay and just not out however I embrace my gayness and yet I still love and am attracted to my wife.

Its hard to live like this because I dont fit the mould of most people so its hard for others to understand my life. Maybe one day things may change but for now things work. And slowly I am embracing who I am (all parts).

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 26, 2009, 23:55

sounds healthy to me shane

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 27, 2009, 09:10

Hi Shane

I agree with AVB. Sounds very healthy to me too.

Maybe you don’t need a label? Sexuality is fluid and doesn’t have to be fixed but there’s often this unspoken expectation that it should be. Why? I mean, we evolve and change in other areas so why not in this one too?

I very much like that you’re aware of who you are and moving to accept all parts. Keep up the good work!

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 27, 2009, 11:28

I have just now found the time to sit down and read this entire thread. Shane your story is an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing and being so honest and candid about your journey.

It’s such a blessing to me, being able to read the different journeys we all have taken and are continuing to take. I wish that everyone in Australia could have the opportunity to see all this!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2009, 12:35

…..and all over the world mazdragon…..its the evangelist in my speaking again….hehe.

sman

Joined in 2009
October 27, 2009, 18:38

Well I try to share my story with as many people as I can. Then I put them onto other stories on here, showing that many people across the world are suffering. But there is hope and you see that in many of our stories thats why Im so thankful for F2b.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.