Forums

need a little help...

Page:   1 2 3

jessi:)

Joined in 2009
November 5, 2009, 14:44

I have no idea how to use this site but i hope someone can help me…

My best friend of 16 years just came out to me which is fantastic, except he isn’t coping to well… he hates himself and thinks everyone else will too…

he tried to take his own life last night because “god hates him” and he’s “going to hell”.

I dont know what i should or shouldn’t say…

i’m looking for a church or group that will accept him and help him, cause although i will do everything i can to help him i dont know where to start…

does anyone know of anything?

we are in melbourne… 🙂

please help… 🙂

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 5, 2009, 16:01

Hi Jessi:)

Welcome to the site and good on you for wanting to help your friend. 😀

There are many groups and organizations that can help him with depression, perhaps you could direct him towards The Beyond Blue website: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

You could also invite him to join Freedom2Be here on our forums where he can find support from people who have been through this or are going through this. We have some terrific young guys (and older ones) who are always willing to share the burdens and give a sympathetic ear.

It is important for your friend to hear that God doesn’t hate him at all and that he’s not unacceptable or untouchable because of his orientation.

Check through the messages on these forums for some other resources that might be of help to you and your friend as well.

Once again, welcome to F2B and I hope you can find something here that your friend will benefit from.

man in confusion

Joined in 2009
November 5, 2009, 16:38

Hello Jessi..

Please embrace your friend and say to him that god loves you and wants to save you..hug him please and tell him you will find his way..it is comforting to tell the truth that i have same sex attraction cos truth will set us free ( that does not mean encouraging in sexual acts ), but confessing what we feel is the first step..pray for him and i will pray for him..be understanding as much as you can..Depression is the tool the devil uses to keep us away from god..will not say more at this stage.

thanx

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 17:48

hey Jessie….there is lots of help and support out there for your friend.

1. we have freedom 2 b[e] in Melbourne I’ll alert them to your post.

2. if you friend is a Christian there is a church in Melbourne he can go to where he would be welcome. its Bayside Church….they have 3 campuses in Melbourne.

3. there are also a number of gay and lesbian community groups and services that would help. The gay and lesbian counselling service is helpful. http://www.glccs.org.au/

has your friend been hospitalised…..or is this a secret thing. It would be good for us to know where things are up to so we know the most appropriate service to contact. Feel free to call me on 0416 015 231 if you need to talk immediately.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
November 5, 2009, 18:08

I have no idea how to use this site but i hope someone can help me…

My best friend of 16 years just came out to me which is fantastic, except he isn’t coping to well… he hates himself and thinks everyone else will too…

he tried to take his own life last night because “god hates him” and he’s “going to hell”.

Jessi, if he has shown that he will attempt suicide, then he is a very high-risk for attempting suicide again. You must make sure that he is being monitored. Do not leave him alone. Even if he says he is fine, a mood swing could occur when you are not around and if no one is around to check up on him, he could try again. This situation is very serious and I would highly recommend you get good counseling for him immediately. The F2b people in Melbourne may be able to help. I will pray for you and your friend. Suicide is extremely serious and the fact that he has attempted suicide in the past makes it even more serious. Get help for him. NOW. At this moment, I’m more concerned with knowing that this guy is going to stay alive. Every other issue is related, but if he does not get help to stop these suicidal thoughts, these other issues will not matter. Please do whatever is in your power to ensure that he overcomes these suicidal tendencies.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 18:15

I’ve sent a message to a number of people I know in Melbourne as well to see what we can do to help. I believe you’ve already spoken to Linda.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 5, 2009, 19:43

Jessi, if he has shown that he will attempt suicide, then he is a very high-risk for attempting suicide again. You must make sure that he is being monitored. Do not leave him alone. Even if he says he is fine, a mood swing could occur when you are not around and if no one is around to check up on him, he could try again. This situation is very serious and I would highly recommend you get good counseling for him immediately. The F2b people in Melbourne may be able to help. I will pray for you and your friend. Suicide is extremely serious and the fact that he has attempted suicide in the past makes it even more serious. Get help for him. NOW. At this moment, I’m more concerned with knowing that this guy is going to stay alive. Every other issue is related, but if he does not get help to stop these suicidal thoughts, these other issues will not matter. Please do whatever is in your power to ensure that he overcomes these suicidal tendencies.

Yep, it’s vitally important that he is protected from doing any harm to himself. Please ensure that he gets access to an appropriate GLBT friendly counselling service ASAP.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 20:00

when he is through this time and ready to talk he can call bayside church 03 9585 2455.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 5, 2009, 21:51

Hi Jessi

I’m so glad your friend has you. You’re doing a great job.

There’s good advice, support and resources here for both your friend and yourself.

I work with suicidal adolescents and adults and there are lots of nurses, psychologists and counsellors working in GP clinics and community centres who would be able to help your friend. He can get a referral from his GP into a Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program or into a Better Access program, which will give free and unlimited counselling. Would he want that? There are also youth programs around that offer counselling.

The questions raised by others about his risks are important as he may need more intensive help than that, such as hospitalisation. I can provide more info if needed. The important thing is that he is safe and in an environment that helps him maintain that.

Please let us know where he is up to.

All the best to you,

Ann Maree

jessi:)

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2009, 08:35

Thank you so much everyone…

so far he’s doing ok… we’ll just take it day by day…

i did speak to Linda and she was a great help… and said she will help me anyway she can… 🙂

i’m seeing hime again this evening so i will give him all the information i have and just help him as much as i can…

Thank you again 🙂

xo

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.