Forums

New and in need of help.

Page:   1 2

jamesn

Joined in 2009
December 22, 2012, 09:21

Hi Intransit

I am so glad you found us. Please know you are not alone – although your own experiences are unique and no one can fully understand, there are many people who have been through what you are enduring. Live with the hope that things will get better. Hope is a great sustainer in tough times! Take care.

Abe

Joined in 2011
December 22, 2012, 20:45

Hi intransit

Perhaps this youtube clip in which Rev. Tim Keller was interviewed may be of help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZFCB9sduxQ

It's encouraging to know you're NOT automatically condemned to hell for being gay. What condemns people to hell is the Pharisaism, moralism, Bible-believing people who are proud and think that God is going to take them into heaven because they are good, that’s sending them to hell.

I think you don't necessarily have to be "out and proud". People will certainly know about your sexuality over time, and there is no point to get stressed out over not revealing the truth. Just be yourself for now and I am sure you will be much more confident about your sexuality as the years go by.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 22, 2012, 21:40

Hi intransit

How are things going for you?

It would be great to hear an update.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

intransit

Joined in 2012
December 26, 2012, 21:50

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas with your loved ones.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Just an update: since I've posted my cry out for help on Freedom2b, I've come out to some of my friends who have all been loving and accepting. I'm still reading through your messages and going through some of the links sent to me and although it'll take months, if not years, to fully accept and love myself, I'm happy to have started this journey with you all.

Could you please direct me to where I can find out about the Sydney gatherings?

Thanks,

intransit

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 27, 2012, 08:50

Hi intransit

Great to hear your friends were accepting and loving when you came out to them. 🙂 That's fantastic and will be a big support for you going forward.

Self acceptance is a process that can take a while. That said, if you spend as much time as you can with accepting others and do things such as undertake a self development course, do some reading and/or have counselling, the process will be accelerated. The more supports you engage and become involved with, the quicker you will achieve self acceptance.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
December 30, 2012, 17:34

In Transit – G'day! You asked about Sydney Chapter meetings . . .

Meetings are held on the first Friday of every month (except January), usually at a venue near Central Station. Details of the February meeting will be posted in the events section of this site soon. Meetings start at 7:30pm and go to about 9pm. Then we adjourn to a nearby pub where much chatting continues over a drink. Some of us have a pub meal too. Many of us found attending our first meeting a bit daunting. But, we soon found it to be not so bad – indeed very worthwhile and helpful. You can choose to be anonymous or use a non de plume if desired.

Now that you have registered on this Forum, you should receive the periodic e-news. If you are on Facebook, 'Like' us there so you will connect. We may have a small social event in early January (yet to be confirmed) for those who are not away. Details will be posted in Events section and on the FB page.

Usually, one of the leadership team are happy to arrange a catch-up in a coffee shop or similar if you want to have a chat. Just send me a PM (Private Message) if you want and I can arrange.

We are all on different parts of the same journey, so we can all support each other. It really works. Cheers ~ david

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.