Forums

NEW TO POSTING HERE - HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU RECEIVE REPLIES TO YOUR STORY

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 9, 2010, 11:21

We have had many people post their story here and then people have commented, encouraged and supported……but we don’t hear back.

This is because people aren’t aware they need to subscribe to the thread in order to know that people are replying.

So when you post your story you hit the subscribe button at the bottom of the post then you will receive an email notification when people reply to your story.

If it gets too much you can always un-subscribe to the individual thread by clicking on the link in the emails you receive.

It will say something like this

| Direct unsubscribe link (thread):

|

http://www.freedom2b.org/s/del/node/nid/926/-1/9/d303b033d7c17aaff31ace1b66

| ——————————————————————–

N149

Joined in 2010
June 9, 2010, 12:22

Is there a way of setting the default setting to subscribe instead of doing it manually?

I know I have a few subscriptions set up, but it may be easier for new users to have it as the new default.

Just my two cents….

Shan

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
June 9, 2010, 18:32

If there was an easier way, I can assure you, I would have implemented it already :p

The thing with Drupal is that unless you’re willing to write your own module, you’re only able to use what’s available.

In any case, I have a large to-do list for the site, and looking for better modules for subscriptions is definitely on there.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 10, 2010, 16:57

thanks Chris……

@shan……is this what you are looking for?

1. Go to my account right hand column

2. Under your name click on the subscriptions page

3. Click on the setting link at the bottom

4. There you have all these options

Settings

Auto-subscribe

Auto-subscribe to new content

Automatically subscribes you to items that you create.

Auto-subscribe to updated content

Automatically subscribes you to items that you update (if you have that permission).

Auto-subscribe to comments

Automatically subscribes you to items that you comment on (or where you update a comment, if you have that permission).

Notify poster of own posts

Sends you notifications about your own posts (if you’re subscribed).

Digest mode

Merges your notifications into a single email, sent at the interval you specify.

Preferences

Send interval:

The frequency of notifications; it may take longer, but notifications will not be sent more frequently than indicated.

On updates

Sends a notification when an item is updated.

On comments

Sends a notification when an item receives a comment or reply.

Any changes you make here will only apply to newly created subscriptions.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 10, 2010, 16:58

If any of the moderators wants to spend time tidying up my post above then please go ahead.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.