Forums

Officially renouncing my faith & why I haven't been online in a while

Page:   1 2

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
November 29, 2013, 19:40

Hey Jordan

My name is Joel, I'm quite new to this forum. I have just read some of your posts talking about your experiences, and I can relate personally to a lot of what you have described.

I am sorry to hear that you have renounced your faith, and that you have had such a difficult time in trying to accept who you are.

Just want you to know that God loves you and accepts you just the way you are.

I'll be praying for you.

J

Joined in 2012
November 30, 2013, 00:38

Thanks Joel 😛

Lately I've been reading this book 'You Lost Me' by David Kinnaman, and it's been quite helpful for me in terms of realizing how many others have experienced similar or even identical stories like extreme homophobia within the church, and even from family members. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one!

FreeinChrist88

Joined in 2011
December 3, 2013, 17:55

Thanks Jordan

I'd just like to let you know that I am here for support. If you'd like to contact me I'd be happy to give you my email address.

Please know that I wouldn't be trying to change your mind about any decisions that you have made or will make, I would simply be happy to connect with you and offer whatever support I can.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 4, 2013, 11:16

Hey Jordan…..you are not alone….which is why F2b was created as a network of people from the same background as opposed to a Christian organization as such …..and was enshrined early in our guidelines in 2005 http://www.freedom2b.org/about/mission/

3. freedom2b has no agenda. It is not our intention to get people to leave churches or go back to them or tell them what they should believe. That is your decision and journey. Our only intention is to provide a space for people to grow and resolve any issues they may have about their sexuality and/or their beliefs. Once again the choices are yours.

Some have maintained their Christian belief system. Some have rejected it. Some have redefined it. Some left it then came back. All are welcome.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.