Forums

Ordination!!!

Page: 1

Penny

Joined in 2008
June 22, 2010, 03:20

🙂 You are invited to Penny Davis’ Ordination

Australia’s newest MCC congregation, CRAVE which started in Paddington 2009 is hosting Penny Davis’ Ordination on 25th of July.

Pastor Karl Hand and the newly ordained Penny Davis, plan to work together leading the CRAVE community. Pastor Karl Hand stated “I enjoy working with Penny – we’re a great team! We believe in a spirituality of community and shared leadership.”

Ten years ago, Penny Davis was working at Hillsong Church, and was enrolled in Ex-Gay Therapy. She said “My journey of following Jesus has led to this moment, where I stand as a confident woman who is being ordained and just happens to be a Lesbian.”

CRAVE is unique among inclusive churches in Australia because of its charismatic and contemporary style, its progressive, evangelical theology and its informal, dynamic worship services.

Come and join with CRAVE Metropolitan Community Church as they share Sunday worship and celebrate this special occasion. This service will be in the CRAVE tradition and all are welcome. http://www.cravemcc.com

Penny Davis’ Ordination

When: Sunday 25th July @ 3pm

Where: 395 Oxford St, Paddington

Parking: Uniting Church Car Park on Gordon St

Public Transport: Sydney Buses from the city (http://www.sydneybusses.info/)

Attire for Ministers: Penny and Pastor Karl Hand will not be wearing robes, but smart casual attire. Ministers from all denominations are invited, and encouraged to wear what they feel most comfortable in, such as robes, collars or casual clothing.

Kids are VERY welcome 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 22, 2010, 10:37

Hi Penny

Congratulations!! How exciting. And what a journey from Hillsong ex gay to this moment!! 🙂

I wish I could be there there but can’t as I’m in Melbourne.

Nevertheless, all my blessings go out to you for such a joyful occasion. And I wish you a richly, fulfilling future ministering in your congregation.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

mrg

Joined in 2010
June 22, 2010, 17:56

Hi Penny,

Like Ann Maree, I’d love to be there but I’m in Melbourne.

May it be a time of special blessing for you and those you love. I look forward to hearing more about your minstry as it unfolds.

mrg

(a fellow ordained minister!)

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
June 23, 2010, 12:49

Congratulations, Penny.

Can’t attend, as I am in QLD, but I wish you every blessing in your new role.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
June 23, 2010, 20:38

Congrats Penny.

IanJ

Joined in 2009
July 1, 2010, 22:53

Penny

I’m in Sydney- and I’ll be there!!!!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.04 seconds.