Forums

Parents at first F2B meeting

Page: 1

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 7, 2011, 10:46

My husband and I were at our first F2B meeting last Friday night. We just happened to be in Sydney at the same time as our son “Mr S” and at the same time as a F2B meeting was on. When our son said to us about going, we didn’t hesitate to say yes. It was great to meet everyone, great to be able to put a face to some of the names we have heard and I’ve met on the forum and more importantly it was great to be able to be there and show our love and support for our son.

The speaker was very good and kept us entertained with his stories, some were very moving, some funny and some well maybe a bit too much information, :bigsmile: Rev Dr Rowland Croucher is a great asset to F2B.

We were made to feel very welcome by everyone, we would never of thought 6 mths ago that we would be at a LGBT meeting, this was a big step for us and put us out of our normal comfort zone but one we were more than willing to do. Our hearts continue to be moved by the stories we hear and the people we meet.

God bless to everyone

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 7, 2011, 14:11

….and it was so cool to have you with us…..and to put faces to the names.. Next time you will have to come and join us for a drink or meal afterwards…..thats when we really get to connect and has become one of the fundamental successes of the organisation.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 7, 2011, 14:43

You’re a real encouragement, Mother Hen! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.