Forums

Picking up on the signals.

Page:   1 2 3

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 27, 2009, 18:23

So for the last two weeks while walking back to the car from work, a cute guy has looked at me and smiled as we pass each other, going the opposite ways. Should I introduce myself? Would you be freaked out if someone did that to you?

sman

Joined in 2009
October 27, 2009, 18:34

I say introduce yaself. Do it, Do it! Do it! Do it!

Saying that I would not have the courage to do that.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
October 27, 2009, 21:45

Ask him what time it is. Seriously. It is probably the easiest way to make a conversation and can seem totally normal. From there, you or he might be able to start talking a bit more… but if nothing happens immediately, you can always say something like, “Well, I just need to know because I have to … ” and then say something really interesting that you are planning to do that day. Then he might be intrigued to know more and he will know a little bit about what you do. 🙂 Plus, that way, if he’s interested, you might be able to tell, but if he’s not, well, it’s not like you did anything mortally embarrassing as people asking what time it is is a total normal occurrence.

And if he doesn’t have a watch, don’t let that stop you. Just say, “Oh I wish you did. I really need to know because I have to…” See? With a little quick thinking, nothing need stand in your way.

And if you’re feeling really forward, ask him what time it is, and if he asks why, you can just say because you have to get to a date tonight… with him. 😉 lol! I’m so going to be a screenwriter when I grow up. This is too much fun. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2009, 23:14

ask him if his name is shirley……when he looks at you strangely…..and says why…you can say…….well surely I really like you. 😳

that wasn’t very helpful was it.

blackjack

Joined in 2009
October 28, 2009, 02:35

Uhh… please don’t start with “what’s the time”, shane. 😛 The last time somebody asked me the time, he wanted a casual encounter.

Besides, you already have a watch.

– – –

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if someone asked me a question or complimented or just asked for my number.

Just introduce yourself. 😀

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 28, 2009, 08:20

It seems like everyone is saying to go for it in one way or another, that could be a sign to say Hi to Shirley, and hope he doesn’t run away from the pickup lines I learned from you guys. 🙂

Would going up to a person you find attractive and striking up conversation be better than online dating?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 28, 2009, 12:05

strike up a coonversation

it can begin with hello a couple of times as you pass and see the response. Read the body language Shane.

If you are getting positive messages then ask a question. Eg where do you work here?

then ask an open ended question. Eg what type of work are you doing there….then how long have you been there etc etc.

then………

1. do you want to catch up for lunch?

2. at lunch ask do you want to go out on the weekend?

3. Do you want to marry me? 😆 😆 😆

Be perceptive of body language and what he is not saying as well as what he is saying. I”d leave the last question for several months though.

Many online gay dating sites are not really about dating as you know. its about hooking up for sex just like those heterosexual sites……so you often have to sift through a lot of crap……to meet someone with similar values to you. It’s worked for some people though. Look at Iain and Craig.

PACE PACE PACE PACE IT.

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
October 28, 2009, 21:41

Uhh… please don’t start with “what’s the time”, shane. 😛 The last time somebody asked me the time, he wanted a casual encounter.

Besides, you already have a watch.

People already do that? Darn it, I thought I was being clever. 🙁

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 28, 2009, 22:46

Thanks AVB, I’m going to give that a go, it’s something everyone should have a read of. Helps to figure out the signals and the process, I’m a little slow sometimes on recognising them, maybe not enough experience. I’m also not sure if I have enough condifence yet to do it, but if we end up getting married, you get a big thankyou in my speech. 🙂

I’ve found that alot about the onliine dating sites, just photos of someone hoo hoo and nothing about who they are.

Thanks to gettingthere, but yeah, he’s seen me use my iPhone. 🙂

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 29, 2009, 18:41

Thanks AVB, I’m going to give that a go, it’s something everyone should have a read of. Helps to figure out the signals and the process, I’m a little slow sometimes on recognising them, maybe not enough experience. I’m also not sure if I have enough condifence yet to do it, but if we end up getting married, you get a big thankyou in my speech. 🙂

We’ll expect a full report on your success or otherwise in due course 😀

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.083 seconds.