Forums

religious views

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

frogger

Joined in 2005
November 21, 2007, 07:45

it’s interesting. I am still a little afraid of telling people my religious views have changed because they are going to see that as a sign that the devil has hold of me now… And i would so love to be able to label myself christian just to prove that point….

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 21, 2007, 17:02

it’s interesting. I am still a little afraid of telling people my religious views have changed because they are going to see that as a sign that the devil has hold of me now… And i would so love to be able to label myself christian just to prove that point….

I understand what you are saying frogger…….I don’t like the arguments as well…..so if i don’t tell them we can’t argue about the details trying to see who will win and and who has the truth……after all we can’t both be right 😆 😆 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 21, 2007, 17:59

So remind me how it is that we have ever gotten along Anthony? 😆

In defense of the arguers amoung us (or perhaps its more simply in my defense as an arguer) it comes more from a curosity than anything. Like in the debate above it starts with something that makes me go “huh?” and I press the point until I get an answer that I can live with, or until the other person gets sick of me 😀 For me at least arguing a point is not about being judgemental or boxing Christianity in steel walls but about trying to understand how a person can come to those beliefs logically and with a degree of certianty. I don’t argue to critise unless I loose my temper which I try not to. I guess what I’m saying is don’t put all people who question an aspect of your theology in the same basket. We aren’t all that bad…

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 21, 2007, 20:25

I see what you are getting at Sandy and thats kindve a good thing, to see why a person has reached the conclusion they have come to, its good for them/us since it helps us see what we really believe and for the other because it either makes more questions or gives some understanding of human thinking. Actually debating a point does make both parties look a little deeper at times and thats not a bad thing but as we know when it gets out of hand its not very nice.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 21, 2007, 21:10

Yeah, I seriously have to learn when to shut up though. 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
November 21, 2007, 21:50

lol lol lol now thats funny wink cutez.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 22, 2007, 00:48

Me Sandy…….forever the peace maker……apparently if i do that i’m blessed….. 😆 😆 😆

If i ever decide to publish my creed and share all i believe and don’t believe then I’ll make sure you are the first to know. 😆 😆 😆

This is certainly not a put down in any way…..but i’m wondering if it has something to do with my age………and if at 56……..you might also respond as i do.

reading that back I can see it might cause offence…..but be assured it wasnt meant to…..its just an observation/question…..a wondering…..a possibility.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 22, 2007, 09:33

I understand. Maybe its a wisdom that comes not from age, but from experience (oh my! did I just say that?). Hopefully it won’t take me that long to be a gentle more considerate person though. I think I see the “issue” more often than the person or peoples behind it. A quality that will make me a poor social worker at any rate.

I know heaps of old fuddy duddies who attend my mothers catholic church and possibly have the most stringent, boxed in theories I have ever heard. The catholic church wont even let priests marry! So I do think its an experience thing and not an age thing. Imagine the kind of life you would have had if you were not gay, possibly you would still be a preacher or a salesman or something. I think your life and your perspective on it would be quite different. But thats just my observation…question…a wondering….a possibility 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 22, 2007, 12:22

I see you mellowing and learning all the time…….but never losing your passion for truth.

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 22, 2007, 21:46

Thanks, still have a ways to go though. It’s my aim to learn when to shut up over the coming months. I take things too far when I should just let them go. So hard for me to let things go… 😉

Page:   1 2 3 4 5

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.