Forums

Research Participation Invitation - Gay Men 20-40

Page: 1

matthewdavid

Joined in 2008
June 14, 2010, 19:24

This research project has met the criteria of Freedom 2 b[e] and been approved by the board to be posted on this website.

Hello Freedom2Be’ers!

This in an opportunity to be involved in some psychological research that i am conducting as a part of my psychology degree! It takes the form of an confidential online questionnaire at a secured website.

This study investigates some of the possible influencing factors on mental health outcomes for gay-christians. Specifically the study is looking at individuals levels of religious affiliation, perfectionism, worry, and dissociation and how that relates to their general mental health. As research on religion and mental health has not been conducted often with homosexual participants, this study has the potential to provide important information to mental health service providers that will increase understanding of particular issues relating to gay-Christians and perhaps assist the development of intervention strategies for the reduction and prevention of mental health problems in this population.

Who can participate?

This study invites to participate gay men who are between the ages of 20 and 40 who also identify as either Christian or non-religious.

If you would like to participate or would like more information, please go to:

https://nexus.uws.edu.au/display/Psyc/Home

and click on the link entitled “Gay and Christian: is there a relationship between religious affiliation and mental health in gay men who also identify as Christian?” It should be the third link down the page, you will then be presented with more information about the study and directed to the questionnaire.

This study is relying on word of mouth for participants, so you are more than welcome to pass on the information anyone you know who may fit the profile.

Thank you very much!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 15, 2010, 00:01

good luck with the research matt……much needed….. I have put the link to this thread on my facebook and also twitter…..can I encourage others to do the same……lets get the word out there on these important research projects.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
June 18, 2010, 21:31

done! only took about 15-20mins. much quicker then the time stated at the start of it.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.