Forums

Shan - 19 year old country guy trying to make sense of things...

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Nick

Joined in 2007
June 4, 2010, 11:12

That song is certainly a good song to meditate on mate. It’s one thing to know it in your head but its another thing to know it in your heart.

I dont know you at all but I’m guessing you are a bit of a thinker. Am I right?

Nick

N149

Joined in 2010
June 4, 2010, 12:51

Yeah.

Combined with totally logical thinking doesn’t help my situation 😛

Nick

Joined in 2007
June 4, 2010, 15:26

your thoughts can lead you both into and out of trouble. It all depends on what you are thinking 🙂

will you be at F2b meeting this month? Its on tonight

N149

Joined in 2010
June 4, 2010, 17:09

Very true. Very true.

No. I won’t. I’m not in Sydney. I’m in central NSW 🙁

orfeo

Joined in 2007
June 4, 2010, 19:01

Hi Shan,

I’m one of those people who sort of randomly blunders into the forum occasionally and then runs away again for a month. Or two, or three.

This is the first time I’ve seen this thread, and I just went through SUCH a rollercoaster ride reading it. Got a bit of a tear in my eye at some points.

Going from suicidal thoughts to coming out in the space of a month is one incredible journey. But really only the start of one.

I just want to give you a great big CYBERHUG while I’m here!

N149

Joined in 2010
June 4, 2010, 19:40

It has been an extraordinary two months.

As AVB said, I am having the ups and downs.

Suicidal thoughts are still around, but far less than they have been before. Tendencies have disappeared.

I’m still trying to work out where I stand with God.

Thanks for the hug 🙂

*hugs*

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 5, 2010, 16:13

I’m still trying to work out where I stand with God.

I think I know where you stand with God Shan…..actually you are not standing…..you are sitting….right in His lap…..surrounded by His love. Such a joyful, safe, peaceful place……a place of intimacy.

How could it be anything else?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 5, 2010, 21:59

I know I haven’t contributed too much to this thread, and that’s probably my bad 🙁

Having dealt with a few HR departments throughout my working life, I’ve observed that in most cases the larger an organisation is the more mature their approach to employment relations and people management will be. It also depends on the industry you are working in. It’s something that in my mind needs to be taken more seriously by all organisations, big and small. How many times have you heard the mantra “employees are our biggest asset”? Not to mention the biggest cost! Some organisations are particularly enlightened about diversity issues. Its something that I’m very passionate about as everyone deserves the same opportunities, regardless of their sexual orientation.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
June 5, 2010, 22:45

I am not sure that this will be an enormous comfort to you Shan…..but I thought you would have some ups and downs…..its not unusual…..so you are normal. 🙂

Dont quit your job……..lets work through this……..just make sure you have lots of support around you…..including here of course.

Isn’t normal a cycle on a washing machine? 😀 😀 😀

Good advice … don’t throw the job in … I know things get tough at work sometimes … we spend a lot of our time there … try to focus on the positive and maintain a work/life balance.

N149

Joined in 2010
June 5, 2010, 23:26

Pierre, Its no issue 🙂

I will agree to an extent.

Working for one of the big two supermarkets, They don’t care unless you are a manager, even then, they only “care” to an extent.

The appliance manufacturer I work for is wonderful. Absolutely brilliant.

We don’t have a “normal” cycle on our washer :P… I prefer to use the custom cycle, I find I get better results when I do the laundry and not let the computer tell me how I should…

Anyhoo…

This new job could be either really positive or really negative… So far its looking better than I thought…

I have known the manager for just over two years now… He assists in running the local youth group and is heavily involved in the church….

He has told me that he isn’t 100% sure about it, which to me is good. At least he is being honest. He seems to be more open minded, unlike my cousin who texted me earlier tonight “… I can’t cope wit ur lifestyle choice and u wont accept wat Gods word says…”.

Spoken to my manager, he said he wants to catch up with me, not at work, within the week…. This shall be interesting…

In the mean time, Just going one day at a time… Each day has its own little triumphs…

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.219 seconds.