Forums

Stuck between denial and self acceptance

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2010, 02:34

Hi Rachel…..so cool you found us…..and welcome. So glad you the breakthrough…..makes a difference doesn’t it…..a huge difference.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2010, 02:38

Hi Ann Maree,

The one in Singapore (haven’t been there, just saw their website) is Free Community Church: http://www.freecomchurch.org/

There is a directory of gay-friendly churches in Asia at the following link: http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/foriegn_nations/asia.htm

Timothy

thanks Tim….I’ve been out of action.

I’ve been to the free community church in Singapore when I was there over christmas 2008. Nice people….seemed like a lively church.

when some leaders came to Sydney they met up with me and we had a good chat.

FYI……Ps rob Buckingham preached a daughter church in KL………daughter church of the largest church in Singapore….forget the name though. Full on Uni students…..and he preached the now famous message. Real Christianity is accepting..

r.j.lee90

Joined in 2010
June 10, 2010, 01:49

Hey guy’s! sorry i’ve been out from this website for so long! but uni work was just taking a toll on me and my laptop crashed and it was during a peak assignment submission timing so everything was just havoc! but it’s so encouraging to log on here, and see so many posts 🙂 this really is a great community!

yeah being in australia has definitely helped me so much in my understanding and exploration of this side of me that has been suppressed for far too long!

i’m currently going to a gay affirming bible study/discussion group here in newcastle every wednesday and am attending CRAVE MCC as much as i can, can’t really go every sunday due to distance issue! thank God for Phil, he’s the guy hosting the bible study group here in newcastle, with his partner of course, Stew. 🙂

on the issue of coming out to christian friends, i guess it’s easier for me to do that because, to start with, most of my friends are christians! but yeah, honestly, i think both sides would be equally accepting. it’s just that christian friends would be confused and doubtful, and it’s important to explain to them what u believe in and be fairly prepared if you’re a christian, to be able to answer questions from them. from personal experience, my christian friends didn’t bother that i was a lesbian, they knew that as long as i still had eye’s on Jesus, they wouldnt have to worry about me straying from God 🙂 so yeah… haha hope that helps? i’m still slowly figuring things out and putting pieces together but so far, that’s what i’ve got from coming out 😀

parents and family on the other hand…. ah well… i was driving back from bible study just now and was thinking about my parents and what their reaction would be… as i thought about it, i suddenly realized that they might already have a suspicion that i’m a lesbian. because ever since i could remember being a tom boy, my dad has always said this one phrase about gay/homosexual people “whats wrong with gay people?” or when a gay joke or insult is made, he’ll say “do you have a problem with gay people? why?” and he’ll say it in a pro-gay tone, so that was a mini-hint that he knew that i was a les n was creating a safe space for me. for my mom on the other hand, every time my sisters talk about guys on tv shows, i wouldnt say anything, n my sis will be asking me which guy i liked or wtr or not i even like guys, n i’d of cos pretend to be straight and my mom would go “see, who says she doesn’t like guys!” in a joking but serious sort of tone. but i dunno… hahaha we’ll nvr know till we confront i guess…

the world has many sorts of people, all messed up but trying to be normal, and hopefully us slowly coming out of our shell wont shake their comfortable foundations too much 🙂

whoa… i’ve typed quite a lot! haha, this is what end of semester looks like! too much time on my hands 😀

oh and sorry for not being there for d freedom to be event that i said i would go to! will go for the next one! just to check, the next one would be next friday at sydney right?

take care guys 🙂 great to be back!! <3

-rach

r.j.lee90

Joined in 2010
June 10, 2010, 01:55

oh btw! these two comments my dad made…

“whats wrong with gay people?”

“do you have a problem with gay people? why?”

it sounded right in my head but when i read it again, it sounded as tho my dad was against gay people.

wrong wrong message! haha i meant it to sound as tho my dad was WITH gay people and supporting them and defending them. i meant it in a defending-gay-people tone, not a against-gay-people tone. haha if u get what i mean 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 10, 2010, 16:50

great that you have come back to update us……..progress eh.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 10, 2010, 22:15

Hey Rach

Great to have your bright and bubbly self back here again. 🙂

Hope we continue to be part of your journey.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

mel10

Joined in 2010
October 10, 2010, 20:25

Hey Rach

just read your story, i know its been ages since you posted but im kinda new here… :p

Life church in denison st (my home church) is pretty accepting not what you would call affirming (though Kev the pastor is) but you certainly dont have anyone running up offering Gods healing lol check us out any sunday from 9.30.

as for gay christians… im seeming to find the more i come out (as a christian) in the GLBT community the more i find…

Mel

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.