Forums

Study/discussion group in Perth

Page:   1 2

damienperth

Joined in 2011
September 21, 2011, 01:10

Hi everyone. My partner and I have moved to Perth earlier this year and have not been able to find a good church or a group of people who we can talk to about our beliefs and sexuality. Are there others who would like to get to get together and chat about similar issues, meet other gay Christians who live in Perth and study bible passages together regularly.

If there is anyone who is interested in this please PM me

Hope to hear from you

Damien

l

IanJ

Joined in 2009
September 22, 2011, 23:34

Hi Damien!!

Glad you found your way here. RAAFBloke is a good guy to know. Hope things are going OK there for you. I was hoping to come to Perth in October, but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen 🙁

I appreciate how good you were to me when we first met- i hope some really good things happen for you out of this message.

Ian

damienperth

Joined in 2011
September 23, 2011, 01:32

Hi Ian,

Hope you are doing well! The man and I have settled in here quite well and we are both up to our usual tricks being crazy busy! I have been feeling a little spiritually isolated but am glad I am starting to reach out.

Please send all the gang back in Sydney our love….

Shame your not getting to Perth would be great to catch up! Perhaps another time?

xxxx

stay in touch

Damien

damienperth

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 03:45

Everyone who is interested please get in touch as will be meeting in 2 weeks

freeme

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 04:37

Damien,

Hi there thanx for the notification re the starting of the group.

Can we meet soon for a coffee as i will be leaving Perth from Friday Nov 18th to Friday Nov 25th going to Cairns for a break.

I would like to meet you before i go if that is possible.

Text first in case i am with a client i am a massuer i work from home. I will get back to you asap.

Cheers

Steve

Ps i relate to your feeling of spiritual isolation i live in this city and i haven’t found a church yet.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 6, 2011, 06:41

Hi freeme

Can I suggest you send your mobile via PM rather than publicly posting it.. There are unscrupulous people around at times and we would not want your private information to fall into the wrong hands.

I’ve removed your mobile from the above post.

On another note, it would be wonderful if Perth had a f2b group. All the best with your discussions about that.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 6, 2011, 15:01

Hi freeme

Can I suggest you send your mobile via PM rather than publicly posting it.. There are unscrupulous people around at times and we would not want your private information to fall into the wrong hands.

I’ve removed your mobile from the above post.

On another note, it would be wonderful if Perth had a f2b group. All the best with your discussions about that.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

I believe something is happening about a Freedom 2 b[e] group in Perth. I was in negotiations with people there before I resigned. Maybe one of the board members can update on progress

damienperth

Joined in 2011
November 6, 2011, 15:29

Hi,

I am free in evenings or weekends let me know which suits you best and will organise to catch up fpr a coffee,

Cheers

Damien

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
November 6, 2011, 21:50

Damien – G’day!

I have messaged a couple of Perth guys whom I know are on this Forum, and have alerted them to this thread.

When I was in Perth 2-3 years back, there was a gay Christian group meeting at the Uniting Church in the CBD. But it may not fit your particular Christian background.

But, of course, the unique thing about F2b is to explicitly NOT be church or a specific ‘Christian’ group. Rather to be a “safe space” where people of similar backgrounds can work through the issues without necessarily having one particular line pushed at them. (Other than that one CAN reconcile our faith and sexuality.) As AVB (above) indicates, there has been a little interest from some guys in a F2b group for Perth, but that hasn’t advanced at this stage. The Board is in the midst of developing a ‘Chapter Manual’ and is open to exploring opportunities to establish more Chapters.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk more about that. Regards ~ david (Secretary, Freedom2b)

Graham Douglas-Meyer

Joined in 2009
November 6, 2011, 23:45

Hi Damien,

Welcome to Perth. I hope things have begun to settle down for you and you are more comfortable.

The Uniting Friends group that used to be run in the CBD has ceased functioning.

Bev Fab and myself are in the process of starting a F2Be chapter in Perth over the next 12 months.

I am hoping to meet with members of the board when I am in Sydney in a couple of weeks time.

Your idea regarding a bible study group is a really great idea and it would be great to make contact.

Hoping you are well.

Graham

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.