Forums

Sy Rogers

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 10, 2009, 23:29

no Sy hasn’t responded……Rowland put the article up on his site first of all as he asked me about Sy when he was speaking in Melbourne…..he thought my article should be out on the net. Rowland thought it would be good for Sy to respond and I connected the two of them……nothing happened as far as I know.

it might be good to go along and make your own evaluations.

it seems from the radio interview though that possibly Sy was correcting some of my statements.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 11, 2009, 11:43

well i have looked at messages he was preaching etc on the net

and not impressed

so i declined the invitation to go along

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 11, 2009, 17:08

it would be interesting to know how those people who invited you Tez interpreted Sy’s message.

oooooo

Joined in 2006
October 11, 2009, 22:20

well one got back to me and he said he did not agree with everything he said but did not go into what that was

but the thing is – with this particular guy – he assumes all sexual situations not like him are the same

he equated me as being exactly the same as Sy Rogers

and I tried to tell him I (my situation) was nothing like Sy.

He could not get his head around it.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 12, 2009, 00:54

hey tez…..it might be helpful to pass on the link to this article and see what they think.

If you dont want them on this forum you could send the PDF or the link to Rowland Croucher’s site.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/22698.htm

Lamb

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2009, 12:13

His ministry has profound impact in Singapore until today. He did not minister only in COS but other churches as well proclaiming how evil homosexuality was. He started a witchhunt against gays.

Some of the gay christian movement in Singapore is a reaction to his work when he got people removed from ministries. Other groups affirming gays were formed in a reaction to Choices and many were ex-choices members.

What he started 20 years ago, exploded recently into a back door conspiracy by COS/Choices to hijack a secular women group just because this group showed a lesbian movie as a fund raising. For the next one month, the battles between the two groups, one liberal and one conservative raged on in front pages of the national news paper until even the Government had to step in. The incident exposed the lack of integrity of the church for the entire nation to see and to twitt about…

The harm he did, I believe God turn it around for good….

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 31, 2009, 12:41

thanks for the update Lamb

matt

Joined in 2007
December 15, 2009, 12:24

Dear Anthony Venn Brown

I know a couple that sort of know Sy Rogers, as the both of them know him in person, to a certain extent. As he had a strong connection towards ‘South Melbourne Restoration Church’ on Dorcus Street. The Ministry was ‘Purple Heart. With the help of Debra Hersh, who has written a few books on the subject matter of ‘sexuality and the church’. The couple i know in Melbourne, had a lot to do with Exodus ministries. This married couple caught up with me in Sydney, and said to me, Debra Hersh, is living in the United States of America now. She sort of thinks now, that most ‘Gay people you approach in the church are like ‘Fragile people. In other words, be careful in what you only say…!

P.S. Life is what you only make of it. So do the best you only can.

murrayd

Joined in 2009
December 15, 2009, 19:17

I have been watching one of Sy;s video and talked to my sister about him to find out that my niece knew him. I was able to get his address and have continually tried to contact him to no avail. I went back to my niece to be told he is lying low at present.I wonder if any body has been in contact

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 12, 2015, 11:31

If you have been negatively influenced in the past by Sy Rogers, tapes, video's or published materials then I would like to hear from you. Maybe Church leaders or family members have given you Sy's books , videos or tapes telling you that Sy Rogers proves you can change your sexual orientation. If you have a Sy Rogers story to tell then please email me personally [email protected] . This will be a confidential conversation and nothing shared with anyone else without your express permission. Your help is appreciated.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.051 seconds.