Forums

The Vicky Beeching Story

Page: 1

Linda
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2006
August 20, 2014, 10:20

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2014/aug/19/christian-singer-vicky-beeching-gay-american-evangelical?CMP=twt_gu

I had never heard of Vicky Beeching until a few days ago. This rather well known Christian artist big in the UK and US has just taken the courageous step to come out after struggling with her sexuality since she was 13! See this link for a short video about her story. So encouraging for those who continue to struggle with their faith and sexuality. Now this brave woman has not only embraced her sexuality but has become quite an advocate for the LGBTI Christians out there.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 23, 2014, 19:22

Hi Linda,

Having a Christian artist 'come out' is a huge deal! I know how this can impact the lives of others who may be struggling. It's great to know you are among those offering support.

🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 24, 2014, 07:37

Hi Linda. Thanks for posting this.

I agree that this is encouraging to see and hear a story like this. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

nelstone

Joined in 2014
August 31, 2014, 09:09

What a powerful story. Thank God for people who gain the strength to confront their own fears and to speak out for love and acceptance to be found within the Church rather than hate and divisiveness. May others find equal resolution and peace within themselves with this struggle that exists today…the battle between old church dogma which was never based on love and the right to feel peace, acceptance and contentment within a relationship with Jesus Christ!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.