Forums

Transgender - Is it OK for me to be here?

Page:   1 2 3

J

Joined in 2012
November 13, 2012, 09:52

I like what TeeSte said. I think there's something in the bible about the Lord seeking the mind AND heart (Though it very well could be that passage). No where does it criticise the persons appearance – because it's not what matters to Him. There's also a story in the bible [John 5:1-18 I think?] of a man who couldn't walk. Jesus asked him if he wanted to walk (Probably because he saw his pain and suffering and that all this man wanted in life was to walk), and the man said yes, and then Jesus allowed him to walk. The thing to note here is that Jesus didn't see the man with a flaw or see him as any less of a person. The man wanted to walk though so that he himself could feel complete, so Jesus made that possible.

My point here is that Jesus seeks the mind and heart, not the outward appearance or what we ourselves consider to be a flaw. Jesus sees us perfect as we are – it was only when people mentioned their differences and what they would want to change in order to feel complete, did Jesus make those changes for them.

There was a point where I wanted God to take my gay sexual orientation away (Simply because it's inconvenient in a society with quite a bit of hate), but after learning so much, I wouldn't want to change my sexuality if I were given the option today. Now I personally don't know what it is like to feel like a woman trapped inside a man's body, but from hearing countless transgender stories here and there (Especially on YouTube), and I'm no expert, but I feel like it's who they really want to be – it's what would make them themselves feel complete (Sound similar to the story above? :D), and their outward appearance simply does not match the appearance of who they feel they are on the inside, and if there is one thing I have learned in my short 23 year life on Earth thus far, it is that God wants us to be who we are.

There's a cool gay themed short story actually, called 'Who We Are' if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFjGD9GPfw

JoAnne

Joined in 2012
November 13, 2012, 11:27

To you all, thanks so much for your so warm welcome and encouraging support. To you Mother Hen, Amila, Tee and Jordan, my sincere thanks for reading what I have written and responding in such a wonderful way to me. I am listening to what you are saying and, to be truthful, the past 3 days or so since I joined this group has done so much good to me. I feel accepted and I do feel that others, even though you are different, try to put yourselves in my place and see things from my viewpoint. It means a lot to me and I deeply appreciate this show of love. Is this not what the Lord is asking all of us to do – to love one another as He loves us. Thanks heaps to all of you and God Bless.

JoAnne

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
November 13, 2012, 20:17

Hi JoAnne

Thank you so much for sharing your story with our community here on the forum 🙂

As everyone has already said, you are welcome and we will do what we can to support you on your journey. I was privileged to open our new Perth chapter in October and Graham and Bev( chapter leaders ) will be more than happy to not only welcome you along to a meeting, if you choose, or chat about how they can support you further. There is a wonderful inclusive community already coming together and they would warmly welcome you!

You can email them directly at: [email protected]

Warm regards

Michelle

outnproud

Joined in 2011
November 14, 2012, 18:31

Hi JoAnne

I am one of the Co Convenors of Perth Chapter of freedom2b and I just wanted to reassure you that this group is a safe and welcoming place for you. Our next chapter meeting is on Friday 7th December 7 pm. Instead of having a formal chapter meeting we are going out for dinner in Northbridge. Details of time and place to meet will be posted soon.

If you would prefer to talk to either Graham or I personally, please contact us on the email address that Michelle has given you.

Remember God accepts and loves each of us just as we are, part of God's creation and God only created good things- see Genesis 1!

Bev

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 6, 2012, 21:33

of course you are welcome Jo-anne……we dont say LGBTI all the time for nothing….hehe.

I see Jordan mentioned Sy Rogers….a person I've met and dialogued with a little. Might be good to read my perspectives on his story. It is one of the top 10 most read posts on my site. http://gayambassador.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/sy-rogers-story.html

JoAnne

Joined in 2012
December 8, 2012, 23:33

Anthony,

Thanks for taking responding to my post. I have read your perspective on Sy Rogers with much interest. I have also had the privilege to listen to him when he was in Perth a few years ago. I am still a bit confused as to where he stands. I appreciate his sincerity and I do not question his integrity. However, talking from my own experience of being a transgender, I will not go through transition because I want to feel more accepted by others. I may not fully understand him and the least I want to do is to say something which is not accurate. But, where he stands is not important – where I am going is what really matters at the moment! Sorry for being a bit individualistic there.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to your article. Blessings,

JoAnne

davidt

Joined in 2009
December 13, 2012, 12:53

You are most welcome here. Great to have you along.

Freedom 2b is often for gays who don't feel they are welcome at church nor do they feel comfortable in the gay scene either. It is a safe place between those two. We try to encourage people to be free to be who they are without trying to pretend to be someone they are not. Hence the name Freedom 2b.

Hope you feel free to attend the Perth Freedom 2b meetings. It would be great if you could go along.

In Him

David

surfjill56

Joined in 2011
December 13, 2012, 21:49

Hi JoAnn,

A big welcome to you. I am new on this site as well….Good on you for being so real. It takes courage to ask that kind of question especially when you have been disrespected, silenced and rejected by the very people who should love and nurture your spirit and soul. I do pray you will find the support, love and encouragement that we all need on this site and where you live. God created you and he did not get the recipie wrong, unlike some of my culinary messterpieces!!! So to your question a hearty YES…..many blessings Jilly

JoAnne

Joined in 2012
January 9, 2013, 14:44

Greetings to you all! Hope Christmas was special to you and may 2013 be a most wonderful and blessed year.

While away on a few days off spent with family, I had the opportunity to reflect on a lot of the things that I have written in previous posts. I also had the time to sit down, read and think about some of the posts that others have written in this forum. Great and encouraging stories to say the least.

However, it has also brought out some questions in my mind – the biggest one is this: am I trans or Bi? I know it may not be important to some of you; it may be because you know where you stand. I thought this was the case for me too but I read a couple of posts here (especially the one by Just Dave) and I am no longer so sure about where indeed I stand. I have read things on other websites about bisexuality, etc and am at a point where I am starting to think that I may be in this. I know that label is not important but I would like to be able to understand and find out where I am in the gender spectrum.

Anyway, this is where I am at the moment and still seeking the real me!

Thanks for reading and supporting me.

JoAnne

outnproud

Joined in 2011
January 9, 2013, 18:54

Hi Joanne,

You are on a journey and asking big questions of yourself. Congratulations on your courage to undertake this journey. Being open to new possibilities is always a challenge but the only way to find the truth for ourselves.

Hope we can catch up soon,

Bev

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.