Forums

Trebor - Finding the Way forward

Page:   1 2 3

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 8, 2009, 12:24

Heehee. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Well even if you don’t like her music, the message of the lyrics is positive like so many songs from the 70s. Enjoy!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

Well, Marcia is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I think she is gorgeous and has a beautiful, generous spirit, and her music is kinda cool. 😳

I can remember the year she was crowned Queen of Pop in Melbourne. Now I am showing my age, too! 😆

Treborian

Joined in 2009
November 8, 2009, 12:38

Well girls, I don’t think we should be worried about showing our ages. Just think about what we now don’t have to go through ❗

I used to absolutely love Marcia – haven’t listened to her for years….

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2009, 12:47

Yes quite right. There are advantages to getting older afterall!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2009, 12:50

You’re funny, Meg. I’m curious, why guilty? 😆

Treborian

Joined in 2009
November 8, 2009, 12:51

Ann Maree –

You mentioned returning to your old church.. How’s that been?

It was a challenge returning to the church of my youth – while I knew some of the people still – there were many I didn’t know. I had this idea that they would all be able to tell I was now gay and that they wouldn’t want to know me. Of course I didn’t go in with a label around my neck and I wasn’t at a place to tell people I was only coming if you fully accepted me – I didn’t need that and as it was hard enough for me internally, I wanted to cross one bridge at a time. I’m not sure how it would have been – actually I think I do know – if I went in with guns blazing. But the point for me was that I needed to be in touch with God in a more physical sense. In some ways I’ve arrived at that place.

Not sure if I will ever reach the place where I can publicy announce that “Hey look at me, you’ve welcomed me back into the fold, but guess what, I’m gay.”

Just for clarification – I did not return to the same congregation that I attended growing up, and since I have again moved, I’m now attending a different one again.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 8, 2009, 12:55

You’re funny, Meg. I’m curious, why guilty? 😆

Because most people laugh when I say I am a Marcia fan! 😆

*Quits sabotaging Trebor’s thread.* 😀

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2009, 12:56

Well we all have different ways of having our needs met and as long as you’re feeling positive about the church experience, that’s great.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2009, 12:59

Hi Meg

Oh poor Meg!! Well no shame about that here since I like her too.

And yeah, sorry Trebor for getting side tracked onto Marcia, even though you were the one to mention her initially. 😆 😆

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 8, 2009, 14:57

Freedom 2 b[e] forum and chapter meetings have been a place of healing for so many and the reason we created it. Before this we were all alienated and isolated….left with our questions….afraid to speak to other gay and lesbian people because they just wouldn’t get ‘it’.

this is not about self promotion…..but ‘A Life of Unlearning’ was the catalyst that brought all this together….I became the first point of contact for 1000’s of people who had lived secretly with a sense of shame and failure.

People had been left with unresolved issues of faith and/or sexuality……two very different and distinct issues.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
January 10, 2010, 21:58

Hey Trebor, how are things going with you?

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.