Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 28, 2012, 00:45

J

Joined in 2012
October 28, 2012, 19:42

Hi Amy,

Sorry to be blunt here, but the pastor and his wife sound like a ripe bunch of quacks. It is the exact sort of patronizing talk that ex-gay ministries use, saying things like 'God can still forgive you if you do this, this and this'. PLEASE.

This is the very reason I left my church, because not only did one of the pastors say 'It's ok to be in a relationship… as long as it is with the opposite sex', but the people of the church merely tolerated me, and that is completely unchristian and demoralizing to my spirit.

I personally listen to sermons I believe are truthful in their message from home now. Sermons mainly by Rob Buckingham. I would go to a gay affirming church, but the ones in my area don't have anyone around my age range/generation that can relate to me, but I have been a loner my whole life, so I am used to being independent.

Anywho, I would encourage you to find a gay affirming church or some sort of church which accepts LGBT individuals.

From personal experience, homophobic churches are just as bad as ex-gay ministries. Their intolerance and patronizing comments seriously messes with your head and breaks you spiritually in the long run, so I would suggest finding a community that supports and accepts you for WHO YOU ARE!

Hope that helps 🙂

Edit: Just read you found a new church, that's awesome news!!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 19, 2013, 23:11

This might explain the discrepencies and contradictions on the Liberty Ministries Inc website.

Ex-gay = contradictions, denial and mental gymnastics

http://gayambassador.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/ex-gay-contradictions-denial-and-mental.html

axiom

Joined in 2009
February 25, 2013, 17:17

Hi Amy

It sounds like you made some really good choices in a difficult situation. I think your friend wanted to do what she thought would help you, I am sorry that it ended up so awkwardly for you. I have noticed that a few churches in Canberra like to recommend Liberty in Sydney (I live in Canberra 🙂 ) but often don't know much about their way of operating. I think if they did know, they would not be so quick to recommend them. If you live in or near Canberra there are some good support structures in place (depending on what you are looking for, how old you are, and what church background you feel comofrtabl in) and there are a (very few) supportive or accepting churches.

Whatever you decide to do,God loves and accepts you as you are, and already knows all about you. I hope you can soon find a network of people who feel the same way.

Cheers

Axiom

matt

Joined in 2007
February 27, 2013, 21:05

Liberty christian ministries is really like Exdous in a church I attended for a while in South Melbourne in my early twentys. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time when being centered with God. Yet It can really leave you with a mental journey scare. With know No real new change in your own sexuality. For it is all a bit of a cover up. That is all these ministries would do to you. For it is all about being true to yourself. The Liberty Exodus Experience is a damage not to go towards at all. A warning I direct you towards. to be true to who you are. And God Jesus would be still with you always in your heart. God is Love. Yet some so called christian people really twist the Love, into deadly damage control. So the Journey remains with you. To be open in your freedom Light of Beautiful 'Grace. People are only human. Yet I believe God will still be eternal 'Love. When one tries to come out for sure, to be Gay. Enjoy your LIght' in 'Peace. So all the best in every way possible. Take Care from Matt.'

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 28, 2013, 09:49

was that purple heart Matt with Deb Hirsch

matt

Joined in 2007
February 28, 2013, 19:57

Yes Purple Heart Ministries with writer author of many books 'Debra Hirsh. Everybody that came towards South Melbourne Restoration Church on Dorcus street. Had so many expectations of about sexuality change. Including myself as well as I took the long trip up from a costal town of Geelong Vic. Some one from part of Exodus leaders that got trained up to help broken people. Told me that Debra Hirsh thinks most 'Gay people are fragile people. So anyway I gave this church a good go for a bit of a while. Okay Anthony. Take it easy now, from mathew.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 28, 2013, 22:58

thanks Matt…..Purple Heart is one of the few groups that I am unclear about their history. I heard at one stage that they had moved to be gay affirming but I dont think this was actually the case

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.