Forums

Want to Volunteer but need some inspiration?

Page: 1

Danny B

Joined in 2011
December 9, 2011, 13:19

Hi All

For those of you I haven't met, let me introduce myself, I'm Daniel and I have taken up the role of Volunteer Coordinator at freedom2b. My background is in Human Resources and I am eagerly looking to understand, learn from and transform our Volunteer experience at freedom2b to make sure we create a sustainable future where people can create meaningful impact in the lives of others.

This organisation has done some amazing work over the years and provided amazing support for both the Christian and LGBT community. I'm hoping next year we can rally even more people into the cause of helping LGBT individuals from faith backgrounds a safe and enjoyable space to explore the reconciliation of their sexuality and faith. The road ahead won't be easy, but we can be encouraged by the amazing change we are seeing in the world around us every day. We really do live in extraordinary times.

I was finding it difficult to look at the pile of work that needs to be done in this space and had a bit of a struggle getting started. I found this video incredibly inspiring and certainly gave me the encouragement I needed to get on with what lies ahead of us. Please take a moment to be blessed by this incredible story.

http://www.ted.com/talks/natalie_warne_being_young_and_making_an_impact.html

If you want to put your hand up to be a volunteer next year, please get in touch with me and lets start the conversation. From Melbourne to Sydney and Brisbane we are looking for people to help on the ground at each of our Chapter meetings! From all over the world, we are looking for people to get involved in some of our most important work, right here on this website.

Please either drop me an email at [email protected] or send me a message through the freedom2b site to register your interest!

Until then, stay safe!

Daniel.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 9, 2011, 18:09

Hi Daniel

Good for you! This is such important work that we do, whether on the f2b website, in the community or at the f2b chapter meetings.

And I loved Natalie's message. Those TED talks are truly inspiring and life changing.

Thanks for your part in this work. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.