Forums

What if we are wrong?

Page:   1 2 3

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 20, 2012, 12:17

I don't really understand why there's a reaction to my usage of the words 'homosexual' and 'lifestyle' together. It's a lifestyle much like the 'hetrosexual lifestyle' as well.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 20, 2012, 12:19

Hi lover_in_aus and others

The problem with using a phrase like "homosexuality lifestyle" that is we don't know what you mean. You haven't said what you believe a homosexual lifestyle is.. And what about a heterosexual lifestyle – what is that? I would suggest that there is no one lifestyle that you can lump groups into.

Currently, my lifestyle involves working hard to make a difference in others' lives, spending lots of time relaxing at home as part of recharging the batteries, maintaining a comfortable home, completing mundane chores, being single and not currently seeing anyone, enjoying reading House and Garden magazines, connecting with family and friends, loving dogs, and taking a drive in the country every now and then to clear my mind.

So I'm wondering how you and others would describe your lifestyles?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
May 20, 2012, 12:30

Hi lover_in _aus, some people find that term a bit offensive. It implies that LGBTI people behave and act a certain way that is different to so called normal straight people.

This is taken from a post (http://www.freedom2b.org/forums/lgbtiqqsa2sxyz—what-does-it-all-mean-t1592/) I wrote a while ago where I looked up all the different terms/labels/terminology used on the forums and within the community for the Heterosexual Family, Friends and supporters,so as a parent I could gain a better understanding or didn't inadvertently offend anyone.

Lifestyle – Inaccurate term used by anti-gay extremists to denigrate lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender lives. As there is no one straight lifestyle, there is no one lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender lifestyle, again also implies being LGBT is a choice, “Gay Lives,” “Gay and Lesbian Lives” is preferred.

Hope this helps

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 20, 2012, 12:35

Well according to our counter-parts over in the "ex-gay" world (I hate the word with a passion) it's the undertaking of a lifestyle that is reflected within the bible as counter Christian lifestyle that aims to strive for purity (meaning no sex outside of marriage and so on and so forth), and an over all not wanting to dwell in sinfullness. That would assume that being gay is counter Christian and in a way it is. Was it God that put this in our identity or was it the devil? The bible teaches us that we were born into sin. The Catholic Church echoes this within numerous prayers that have been around for hundreds of years.

Getting back to my original point. What if we are wrong? I mean the bible teachers that leading oneself into a same sex relationship is wrong in the eyes of God. Please note that I am challenging myself here. I myself think it's natural to be gay but where does that nature come from?

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 20, 2012, 12:37

Sorry about my english guys. I am crap at writing.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 20, 2012, 12:55

Hi lover_in_aus

You said:

Well according to our counter-parts over in the "ex-gay" world (I hate the word with a passion) it's the undertaking of a lifestyle that is reflected within the bible as counter to Christian lifestyle that aims to strive for purity (meaning no sex outside of marriage and so on and so forth), and an over all not wanting to dwell in sinfullness. That would assume that being gay is counter Christian and in a way it is. Was it God that put this in our identity or was it the devil? The bible teaches us that we were born into sin. The Catholic Church echoes this within numerous prayers that have been around for hundreds of years.

I think you'd find that the "Christian lifestyle" varies enormously too. I mean, just look at all the denominations for a start that reflect different interpretations of Christianity. And as for purity, there are many heterosexual unmarried couples who have sex before marriage which is considered the wrong thing. However the church doesn't talk about that like they do about LGBTI people who are prohibited from marriage in Australia.

You said:

Getting back to my original point. What if we are wrong? I mean the bible teachers that leading oneself into a same sex relationship is wrong in the eyes of God. Please note that I am challenging myself here. I myself think it's natural to be gay but where does our nature come from?

If you study the original languages and contexts of the bible, I would suggest you might discover a different interpretation that doesn't say that same sex relationships are wrong. And as for where our nature comes from, good question. I don't know.. All I know is that I'm here and I want to make the best choices I can for myself. And I choose to accept myself because acceptance brings life and healing rather than pain and misery into this world.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 20, 2012, 13:01

The bible talks about pain and suffering being a stepping stone to healing. From my interpretation of it anyways.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 20, 2012, 13:12

Yes there's no doubt that pain and suffering can lead to healing. But everything in moderation. In my opinion, we don't need to look for pain because we have enough of that without needing to create more! Acceptance, love, kindness, compassion and balance also lead to healing.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Rainbow Girl

Joined in 2011
June 2, 2012, 19:20

lover_in_aus

I am a little intrigued at what you are writing here …

I wonder if you've looked into the various sources there are about what the Bible really says and doesn't say about being gay and christian? This site has some information about it, as does Soulforce and others. You may find some value and some answers to your questions.

I'm totally convinced that I'm accepted by God just as I am, the way He designed me to be.

Each person needs to find the answers to satisfy themselves. It's great to have questions, and to go in search of answers, being open to God's leading. God lead me to know his love and grace, when I had questions.

What if we're wrong? I'm open to being shown that I'm wrong, if I am. I have no fears about whether I'm right or wrong. All I know is that I genuinely went in search of truth, and what I found has stuck with me. God hasn't told me I'm wrong yet. 😉

Rainbow Girl

Ash

Joined in 2012
June 29, 2012, 15:09

I have often wondered this myself. What if we are wrong about it all and what if we are all living in sin.

But then, what if we are wrong when we decide to go against other teachings in the Bible. I'm sure we all don't adhere to every single word in the Bible.

I think all we can do is live a happy and love-filled life. We need to do what feels right deep inside of us. In my opinion, loving someone with all of your heart and soul can never be a bad thing. Be kind to others, ask for forgiveness when we do wrong and love.

There are many things that we will never know the answers to until judgement day. Until then we just have to live authentically.

🙂

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.