Forums

What would you say about or to Aaron?????

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 11, 2011, 15:28

If you want to view Aaron’s story…… I wonder what your observations are …….what would you say in reply to him.

freeme

Joined in 2011
June 11, 2011, 17:07

Mmmmm!!!!,

I looked at that vid and just thought is that freedom or conditioning of the church and the leaders???

If that is real then why aren’t their more “powerful” testimonies like that one, why aren’t churches filled with these “transformed homosexuals”, that have herad from God and had that God encounter.

I lived like Aaron for 30 yrs and did the whole christian thing,lived the good boy image, was a minister for 9 yrs and pastored small and large churches, surrounded by the “people need to get saved and be transformed and changed from their sinful lifestyles” yet the day came when i had to admit that “you know what i am a gay man,all the prayers,deliverance sessions, fasting, purity seminars, haven’t helped me”!

I realised that i don’t have to be changed as God loves me the way i am.

If only churches would stop trying to convert everybody and have this doctrine that every person has to be saved/changed to enter the Kingdom of God and just embrace people where they are at and IF god wants to change them for whatever reason isn’t He big enough and powerful enough to do so???

I looked at Aaron and it all felt sooo false and too sqeaky clean and insipid for me to believe,

When i saw him on the platform with his pastor it was almost like the churches trophy and gave it a launch pad to proclaim God’s will for everyones life.

I lived my christian life mainly to please people not God as i wanted their acceptance and approval as they were the ones that i could see,touch,talk to and they heard from God so they must be right???? But! in so doing i prostitited myself for mininstry and became someone false and ugly and so so unhappy.

Now i am a gay man and loving it, i am free to express my sexuality,to love my Father in heaven who has chosen not to change me but! to love me unconditionally just because I AM ME!!!!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
June 11, 2011, 18:54

Hi avb

I don’t think there’s much that can be said to Aaron at this point because he appears convinced that the path he’s on is the right one. He seems to desperately need the quasi-acceptance of his pastor and other men in the church.. There’s also his burning desire to do God’s will and the belief that this is achieved by rejecting his gay self.

I think the best thing would be if he saw and experienced that LGBT people can be good and pure, even God loving, and that there doesn’t have to be a division between the Christian world and gay one. Again I think examples would speak louder here than words. Someone like Kathy Baldock, (AKA canyonwalker connections) although not gay, would be such a great person for him to encounter. What a blessing she is to our community! For those who haven’t seen her blog, here’s a link: http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/1577

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 11, 2011, 23:20

thanks freeme and Ann Maree for your observations.

First of all I think I ‘d like to say that is a very well produced video…..very touching actually.

listen to Aaron speak reminded me so much of myself in my late teens and early 20’s. I would have used the same language ….quoted the same bible verses…..it was a real deja vu. particularly weird considering that was 40 years ago.

It seems Aaron is very confused about the separation of sexuality and morality.

He also talks about something very common in these stories…….an unfulfilled life as an openly gay man. Of course what he hasn’t come to realise yet is that some of those self destructive behaviours are actually the result of the conditioning he has had over the years hating his gay self and seeing it as evil, sick and what would ultimately separate him from God.

He will probably play closet hokey pokey a few times like many of us have done.

Freeme……we know what it is like spending many years in denial and believing that one day we would change……lets hope it doesn’t take as long for Aaron as it did for us.

Even though he is quite emotional in the video…..there is something inside me that seems to feel that for all those wonderful words about being free….that he is not really happy….or free.

Is this true or is it just me I wonder.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
June 12, 2011, 00:09

Querido Familia,

Perhaps it would be good for him to meet Daniel Choi, David Norris, Nancy Wilson, Joan Roughgarden, and the millions of other GLBT Christians who have discovered that homosexuality and the Word are both part of the the Divine Design.

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 12, 2011, 01:10

he is on a journey…….only a youngen……lets see where he is about this in a few more years when he becomes increasing fragmented.

I have worked with quite a few guys over the years who came out out in their 60’s ……latest one at 63. I wonder what they would say to young Aaron.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 12, 2011, 12:01

would this be Aaron in 30 something years time

freeme

Joined in 2011
June 13, 2011, 00:40

🙁

Anthony,

One thing that really stood out for me as well was his eyes, HIS EYES the words didn’t match up with the eyes!!!

The eyes were like a fishes eyes (which by the way have no expression they are just in the sockets) there was no spark in them,no life,passion,no excitement. To me that was so,so sad to see that my heart went out to him.

I will be praying for Aaron that is for sure.

Cheers

Freeme

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 13, 2011, 15:11

🙁

Anthony,

One thing that really stood out for me as well was his eyes, HIS EYES the words didn’t match up with the eyes!!!

The eyes were like a fishes eyes (which by the way have no expression they are just in the sockets) there was no spark in them,no life,passion,no excitement. To me that was so,so sad to see that my heart went out to him.

I will be praying for Aaron that is for sure.

Cheers

Freeme

interesting observation…..missed that one.

Considering that everything is linked on the internet these days. Hope Aaron comes here and reads our encouraging comments.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
June 13, 2011, 22:33

Wow…so many things going on here.

I really feel for Aaron. I was in the same place that he was and had that hope that everything was going to be better from then on. I was even asked by my church at that time to do a testimony video (similar to Aaron’s).

What was making him unhappy and keeping him from loving God and living to his full potential was not the homosexual ‘lifestyle’…it was his internalised homophobia and self hatred.

Sadly Aaron has been abused by the church into beleiving that he is not good enough as a gay man and that he would not be welcome in the church. This is so wrong.

I would tell Aaron to take 6 months off, to do some research and to get to know real gay Christians and see the power of God in their lives. Sadly this battle inside him between faith and sexual orientation will keep raging on until he manages to reconcile both parts of his life.

I really feel for him and think he’s probably a lovely guy deep down…sadly he still doesn’t see Jesus for who He is. Aaron feel’s like he had to change…so sad.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.