Forums

When its difficult to talk to God..

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 28, 2009, 12:17

sometimes its difficult to see the big picture because we are lost in the forest.

the gentleman said a very profound thing to me having been involved with ex-gay ministries now for many years…….he said……I was sold a very cruel lie. Marrying a woman was supposed to solve my problem. It not only didnt solve my problem….its created them for others now as my wife deals with wasted years when she could have been with a heterosexual man she could grow old with and my children who have to deal with their parents separation……and sorting out the fact that their father is gay.

I know there are many gay men and lesbians have said to me that they nearly got married but now are very glad they didn’t…..it was difficult enough to sort things our themselves without dragging anyone else into the drama.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 28, 2009, 16:47

I guess it is hard when you are bisexual and with the guy/girl you are attracted to get married then divorce to be with the opposite sex and then bust up and end back with where you started 😯 (like a family friends exwife) what then? i guess it would only be self control, i dont know, I dont know how it is to be bi, but all i can equate it to is that anyone could be attracted to anyone whilst you are in a r’ship its just that you recognise it for what it is and dont act on it, could it be that way for someone who is bi? or does one forever leave a trail of broken hearts as the attraction mood swings from one gender to the next 😯 (im just trying to understand life for a bi person and moral standings i guess)

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 28, 2009, 19:46

exactly!!!!

and if what we do want is possibly going to cause someone/s pain down the track, maybe we have to rethink our wants a little or wait til we sort things out before becoming involved seriously.

I agree! Its not fair to the other person.. I met my girlfriend in a time in my life when I was a mess ( because of the sexual abuse ) from a man. We became friends and before I knew it we were girlfriends.

If she was a man, I would be the happiest woman on earth! But she`s not and allthough she is wonderfull and I love her, Im not happy with my life because I want something more ( my own family )

Whats it like to be bisexual? I have allways been bi but I didnt, in these years, do anything about it. When I met her, she was the first woman that I fell in love with.

Its very confusing to me. We are celebrating our 3 years together today!

I fell in love with who she is and the genter didnt matter but as the 3 years has passed, I have become more and more aware of what I dont have and it makes me unhappy.

I have chosen to be very open about it and shes wants to know how I fell so she knows all this. She is unhappy too because she dosent know if Im going to leave her in a week or in a year.

But how can I make her feel safe when I dont know the answer myself! Im hurting the one that means the most in my life. We talked about it yesterday and we both cried. I dont want to hurt her..

I cant just plan to met a man, fall in love and have some children in a hurry!

Im not able to forget about my dream of having kids and Im not able to leave her! If I do, she has told me that it will mean that she will not be able to talk to me or see me anymore because she loves me too much to just be friends………………

Im attracted to the dream and what I dont have. And also I know that the abuse was what that made my open to women in that way. I have also been bi but if the abuse had never happened, I would not be in such a mess right now!

I fell trapped in my own feelings and im very unhappy. Unhappy because I dont know how to get what I need/ want AND because Im making my girlfriend very unhappy as well.

Ditte

Joined in 2009
April 28, 2009, 20:05

Ditte, if you are bi-sexual, then is it possible that you could meet the right guy or a guy you could fall in love with and be faithful to him? Im only guessing so please forgive me but it sounds like you just need to make a choice of who you want, sounds easier said than done i know 🙁 a family member of mine was abused and had sexual issues but she met a great christian guy who has supported her through the counseling and doesnt pressure her sexually. I guess the question is which gender are you attracted to more? I know you have a g/f so thats not easy right now either……what do you find is your biggest road block so to speak (i hope im not being too forward in my questioning 🙁

Hi Magsdee!

No it perfectly fine, I dont mind to talk about it. In fact it good to talk about!

What you are describing is in fact the dream I have even when Im still togeteher with my girlfriend ( and I love her so!!)

To find a christian man who will understand who I am and my past. That would be like a drem come true becuase then I would not have the fights I have with my faith AND then I could make my own family ( I love children )

Im not sure it works like that with me: Who am I most atractted to? Men or women. Its who the person is that matters because I can love both a man and a woman the same. Thats what so confusing to me..

But with a man, I can have my dream ( kids )..

I sometimes feel that Im a cold person because I talk about people like they are things.. what they are able to give ME!! But its real feelings and my life. My choice ( the one choice that Im not able to take )

Whats a roadblock? 😛 The biggest problem?

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 28, 2009, 21:07

Whats a roadblock? The biggest problem?

LOL 😆 I know I know ……… I think you answered my question 😉

I personally can love both men and women but what makes me a lesbian is that I cant have sex with a man, im not intimately attracted to men and just dont fall in love with them.

You told us that you were sexually abused, im so sorry 🙁 too many of us have been there sadly.

I guess my question is, could you be sexually intimate with the “right” guy? a guy that could understand you and where you are at with your disability and your background? If yes, then I guess it could be possible for you to fulfill your dreams and have women around you love but dont act sexually with but as always its a choice you have to be confident as being what you want and being happy. A thought: would you be tempted away from a man you are committed to by a woman?

On the other hand, theirs a few ladies on here who have children in a lesbian r’ship and they could tell you so much positive things 😀

I know you are battling with where God stands with this, so I guess the first step would be, dealing with the abuse with a good counsellor you feel comfortable with, to even sort out if you are attracted to women because it maybe safer from what had happened to you and in the meantime over time just search out who appeals to you more since you could have kids either way with either a commited man or woman and raise them in a wonderful loving home. Does your g/f know what youre going through?

(these are just my thoughts without me stepping into an area Im not qualified to do 😉 )

what do you think? what is most important right now to deal with for you if all you had to think about was yourself?

(I think these are valid questions to ask just to make sure one gets clarity in ones own mind amongst the noise and then record once the answers take shape..then at least one can gain confidence of what you want, its just important not to rush it, be patient and not pannick because nothing will happen to you whilst youre still trying to understand, God is bigger, patient and so loving in these times)

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 28, 2009, 21:25

What you are describing is in fact the dream I have even when Im still togeteher with my girlfriend ( and I love her so!!)

I think one of my ex-girlfriends was in your position in regards to me many yrs ago, she loved me but wanted something else, with a guy. It hurt when we broke up at the time and seeing her with a guy was a real smack in the guts but we remained friends. That was almost 15+ yrs ago 🙄 😳 😉 I have a wonderful g/f now 😀 😉

She is now married with 3 kids and very happy and im sure if she feels an attraction for women, she puts it aside to be faithful and also she is very content, id say maybe she is bi but she “wants” to be with her husband.

How sucky would it be jumping from one gender to the next just because you feel like sex with that person at the time, when does one settle down 😆 Its no different I guess to any r’ship in that you stay faithful to your partner, the only hard part I guess is which gender partner? If you dream of being with a man, is it just for children or for the man as well?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
April 29, 2009, 00:15

recent update…..anthony venn brown finally realised after 16 years of separation that it wasn’t his wife he’d fallen in love with but possibly fallen in love with the idea of being a husband and father (normal). He loved his wife…but was never fully in love. the kind of love that lasts a life time. it was the kind of love that two close friends have. Good love….but not the thing we are all looking for in a relationship

this is sad…..because its not fair on others

justincrawford

Joined in 2008
April 29, 2009, 01:33

WOW! Just dipping into this discussion has really left my jaw hanging open.

I haven’t been on speaking terms with God for ages now. Haven’t stepped foot in a church. Haven’t prayed once. My Bible has a THICK layer of dust on it. I’ve cancelled my subscription to Word for The Day!

If I was to travel back in time and meet my 15 year old self, he probably WOULD commit suicide to see what he becomes in ten years time!!

I’ve changed SOOOO much. Not all of it for the better i’m sure.

And this is all really down to that word that so many of you have posted prior to mine

Betrayed.

Feeling cheated by a system of something that you believed so fervently in. Was so passionate for. Genuinely wanting, desiring and NEEDING to be changed. Made acceptable.

Crawling and sprawling on the carpet of SO many churches, yanking and tearing at my hair, tears streaming down my face, snot down my nose, begging and SCREAMING for God to make me straight.

Nothing happened. Ever.

Anyone who DARES to call my lifestyle a CHOICE now faces not the wrath of Him, but the Wrath of Justin hahahaha

It’s nice to have moved on and be self-accepting rather than looking for the approval of others to complete you.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 29, 2009, 07:26

Thats great Justin 😀 it isnt a choice at all for us and for the Bi-sexual either, the only difference is that the bi-sexual can swing either way and I guess eventually has to make the decision of “who” to settle with.

It is the system that betrayed us because of ignorance sadly not God, “man” wants us to change who we are born as relationally yet “God” wants us to be who we are in union with him in r’ship with each other.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
April 29, 2009, 07:36

Its quite an aha thing when we realise stuff in hindsite Anthony, hopefully we can help people get to this place before they make a decision to commit but thankfully there is help and support around for those only just waking up or taking the courageous step to be true to themselves and people they love.

My ex btw loves her intimate life, so im glad she has settled with the “who” to be with 😉 (in re: man or woman)

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.