Forums

Where are all the gay teens?

Page:   1 2 3 4

Sandy

Joined in 2007
November 7, 2008, 15:11

“Preferance”, “practising”… there are alot of words that will get you sent to Anthony’s naughty corner. 😆 😆 😆

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 8, 2008, 17:11

LMAO!

yep along with

gay/homosexual lifestyle

lifestyle choice

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
November 8, 2008, 19:48

even though I’d done stuff with boys it didn’t give me anything that a woman can.

Thats just what tips the scales isnt it, when youre with the wrong gender for you, you may as well be eating pizza base with no topping. 😉

That is so true! I look at men and think, yes, you are a wonderful guy. I can love you as a true friend, but romantically and physically its like chalk and cheese.

…..and some people try and tell us its not hard wired…….puuuuuuuuuulease!

Oh, so damn true. Preference? It’s not what I prefer, it’s what I am and have always been! 😀

Sandy

Joined in 2007
December 10, 2008, 14:19

This is completly off the topic of the former threds but as so few people are as freakishly devoted to books as I am I’m not expecting a huge responce; hence I’ll just tack it on the end here.

Has anyone read “The New Gay Teenager” by Ritch C. Savin-Williams? I’ve just finished it and I don’t know… maybe its all the social commentary or mabye it reads too much like a Dan Brown novel, too many assumptions and pomp for my liking. The outlook of the book is very positive aka “look at how liberated we are from the oppression of the past” but I’m inclined to think there is still a ways to go before the “avrage gay teenager” is inclined to stress more about their chemistry test than their sexuality, as the book states. Hmmm anyway that aside its a pretty good read esepically for younger gay people.

Ok enough plugging, back to the grind.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 11, 2008, 01:16

I think this si what makes bisexuality so hard for me to understand… how you can have the same level of attraction to both men and women… in some ways its MORE complex than homosexuality really.

Honestly, I can’t comprehend it either. Not that I think it’s wrong or non-existent or anything like that, I just don’t understand how a person can be truly attracted to both sexes equally or even almost equally. I’d like to hear about what it’s like though, I’d like to get information from a bisexual person him or herself rather than make stuff up.

I think people get confused between same sex behaviour and same sex orientation…..to me they are worlds apart….certainly not the same thing

Sandy

Joined in 2007
December 11, 2008, 09:57

I agree (what?! No way! 😆 )

ROTFL

what was it that you called it… “situational homosexuality”? I think its pretty common esepically among young people and those in same-sex environments.

That is what I call it. I was a situational heterosexual but not bisexual.

Its actually authentically bisexual people I’m talking about. If Kinsey was correct (and in no way am I saying he actually was…) then there are far more bisexual people than gay and lesbians. But then Kinsey also said we experience homosexuality and heterosexuality on a kind of spectrum… So a person may be more attracted to women than to men in a kind of 60/40 split and still be condsidered bisexual even though the level of attraction is not equal. Kinsey reckons the majority of people fall into the “non-exclusive homosexual or heterosexual” catagories and if you take college students out of the equation he’d probably have been proven definativly wrong by now 😉 Oh wait but thats situational…. 😆 😆 😆

Possibly experimental would be a better term.

Anyway its something to think about, I stand by my assertion that bisexuality is probably much more complex than homosexuality from a psychological perspective… though “science” has tended to ignore bisexuals in general.

thats true….but of course when research is done TRUE bisexuality appears much more frequently in females as opposed to males.

BTW….on the kinsey scale my needle is banging up against the gay end of the spectrum. 😆 😆 😆

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
December 16, 2008, 22:44

I wanted to say this somewhere and since this topic has already veered off in another direction, I’ll throw in my comment and then attempt to veer it back somewhat.

I don’t know if this is as common in Western countries, but here in the Philippines gay is often used a noun in some weird way. Like for example, “He is a gay.” or “Are you a gay?” as opposed to “He is gay.” or “Are you gay?” I find it to be really annoying and actually kind of offensive and I’m not sure why exactly. It just sounds wrong. Anybody got any thoughts about that?

And back to the gay teen thing… anybody out there think they can connect me to some other gay Christian teens for some communication? It would be nice to have some more friends. 🙂

Sandy

Joined in 2007
December 17, 2008, 08:26

Distirbingly I seem to quote myself… then agree with myself… then contradict myself… not that this is at all unusual for me but in actual fact I didn’t write that last thing and only just figured it out because I never reread what I write… but I didn’t write it…. it just looks that way… I’m not a banging gay! 😆 😆 … sounds like AVB to me. Now we all know you have some feminine traits and life would have been easier for you if you were female but this is going a little too far don’t you think? 😆 😆 I know all Christians strive to be perfect but it doesnt mean you actually have to be me… just emulate me. Geez you are so literal 😆 😆 😆

Also, the original post of mine is gone… its a good thing you quoted me so much! I guess some usernameless person was a bit too click-happy with the edit button hey? 😉 😆

Figment

Joined in 2008
January 13, 2009, 19:47

Hi Gettingthere, I’ll still be a teenager for another month lol, but if u still want to chat after i turn 20 that would be great 😀

Thanx Sandy for sending me this link. Back to the bisexual thing… for me the ‘Kinsey scale’ is about 75/25 in favour of women. I used to call myself strictly lesbian (when i thought i was more like 99/1), but then after a 3 month (poor-excuse-for-a)relationship with a man, i realised that if bisexual means ur capable of liking both genders, well… I’m bisexual. Since then i’ve had about 6 or so months to ponder this, and I’ve decided not to bother with the whole label thing. I cant really speak for every ‘bisexual’, but for me it’s just simply more about the individual person, gender comes second. I dont believe the split is ever equal, even the ‘stereotypical bisexual’ will apparently change their mind about what gender they want with each change of the wind (I am not a ‘stereotypical bisexual’, nor do I believe they are common or even in existence 😉 ).

This Kinsey idea makes alot of sense to me, and seems to prove that words like ‘bisexual’ are just labels to be used how we see fit, and we cant lump completely different people together just because of a label. Perhaps the reason people on the gay end of the spectrum dont “get” ‘bisexuals’ is that they’re just not wired that way 😀 enough rambling from me lol 😆

Figment

Joined in 2008
January 13, 2009, 19:54

ok, maybe just another 2-cents lol 😀

I don’t know if this is as common in Western countries, but here in the Philippines gay is often used a noun in some weird way. Like for example, “He is a gay.” or “Are you a gay?” as opposed to “He is gay.” or “Are you gay?” I find it to be really annoying and actually kind of offensive and I’m not sure why exactly. It just sounds wrong. Anybody got any thoughts about that?

It’s not common here, but i have heard it, perhaps even been guilty of it myself once. It does sound a little strange, but what if there are some situations where it just seems to fit? I guess there aren’t, its not like being gay is all of who you are, it’s just one piece of the puzzle 😀

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.121 seconds.