Forums

Write yourself in - Third National Survery!

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 22, 2010, 12:52

you are such an academic luke…….hehe……for those who dont know what SSAY is…….it means gay and lesbian or bisexual youth.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
May 22, 2010, 14:20

But alas, I am also one of the oldies here on the forum.

The survey sounds like a very worthwhile piece of research 🙂

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
May 22, 2010, 16:29

you are such an academic luke…….hehe……for those who dont know what SSAY is…….it means gay and lesbian or bisexual youth.

SSAY = Same-Sex Attracted Youth

What about SSOY? Same-Sex Oriented Youth hehe 😉

SSAY … SSOY … now I’m really confused :~

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 23, 2010, 13:10

I put the link to this thread on my facebook wall……say last call for participants

if you are a facebooker you might want to do the same..

May 23, 2010, 16:39

ahhaha

you two are making me giggle here in my academic bedroom full of books and articles!

SSAY = Same Sex Attracted Young People (interestingly in Australia the term “youth” is not allowed in academia anymore….dont ask…you really dont want to know! ahahha When i was in the USA it was acceptable..)

It doesn’t mean Gay lesbian or Bi for the simple reason many young people attracted to the same sex do not put themselves in these categories. In fact in our survey people are quite welcome to tick “Straight” and “Same-sex attracted” as this is a valid identity 🙂 Also we are seeing what we academics call “Postgay” or the rise of the “queer generation”….eheheh you dont want to know about that…but really in essence it is the new age we live in where gone are the need to label ourselves with a “sexual Identity”…I believe this is quite fantastic and has biblical merit! For in Christ we are neither Jew or Greek! (and i might add we are neither gay or straight) hehehe

HUGS you boys

Luke

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 24, 2010, 02:24

thanks for that

hugs back

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.