Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2010, 00:01

Go shan

N149

Joined in 2010
May 14, 2010, 00:09

Brad and I have been speaking for a few weeks…

Only a few days ago I was like “OMFG! I didn’t send him to F2B[e]!” *slaps self*

poidah

Joined in 2010
May 15, 2010, 14:22

Hi Brad,

It is such a tough time of life. Esp being asian without much family or financial support, it is so drummed into me, to get uni education to support oneself well. I know of friends who were duxes of my year that later came out as lesbian and is very happy now. Sometimes one has to pick their battles and survive to get through the battles. There is so much financial and emotional pressure at uni.

My boyfriend failed a couple of years of uni and worked a lot part time but he had a much more supportive family. I know of some friends that pulled out of uni and tackled things later on when things settle down but they were quite accepting of the financial strain that would have.

I am a big realist and believe that it is important to grow and expand with every challenge. Even when crushed and defeated by challenges to realise that we survived and that is all that counts. Sometimes even with the best intentions and discussions and loving approaches, one can still be rejected. I pray that your life path is smooth and full of love but sometimes we have to do the best we can with what can be a terrible situation.

I hope I do not sound pessimistic but with darkness comes light. With adversity comes strength.

Peter

N149

Joined in 2010
May 19, 2010, 15:22

Hey peoples!

Could I please just request prayer for Brad, he is in a bit of a tough position at the moment and can’t access F2B for privacy reasons.

I have been in contact with him… Just a little concerned for him…

Plus a little prayer never hurt 😉

Shan

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 19, 2010, 17:23

Done…..thanks for being a support to him as well Shan

4JC

Joined in 2007
May 27, 2010, 07:53

Although where i’am standing I have respect for you mate like Ben who was coming out in one of most famous churches of the world as a young guy and stayed there. It will be lightning at a clear sky for telling your parents that you are gay.

N149

Joined in 2010
October 15, 2010, 17:30

Hey everyone.

I have been in somewhat regular contact with Brad. He is still struggling trying to reconcile faith & sexuality.

Today he asked a question, that, I honestly couldn’t give him an answer to.

Asked him if I could present it here to the brain trust… Here goes…

“But I always think of what if? What if being gay is a sin? And I marry a guy and God punishes me in the end cuz i gave in and didnt deny the sin?”

Just a question I would like someone with more expertise to attempt to answer…

Keep him in your prayers…

IanJ

Joined in 2009
October 15, 2010, 19:54

Shan and Brad,

I’ll give a fairly evangelical, scripturally based response- partly because that’s my background, and also because I think it fits with Brad’s background too.

So you think that being gay might be the unforgiveable sin? No, I don’t think you really mean that. It would be quite an new idea!

[I don’t believe being gay is a sin- but I’ll come to that]

So, if we are to be punished it’s because we are sinners- it’s our ‘sin nature’ not specific acts. Besides we have all sinned (so many times) and fall short of the glory of God. We would all stand to be punished.

But I don’t think any of us who have the Spirit of Christ stand in a position of punishment. While we were sinners Christ died for us- the perfect for the totally depraved and He completely soaked up the sin and neutralised it. And He puts our sin far away from us. And then He forgets. And all He sees is Jesus.

this is totally the way things are-

You are made in the image of God. God loves you. God has always loved you. God will always love you.

You aren’t gay by choice, it’s because this is the way that you are made.

Perhaps you’re worried about morality? That’s a good thing to be concerned about. We all make choices about morality.

Accepting yourself as gay is about accepting yourself the way God made you. Making choices about how you live your life are still yours.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 15, 2010, 20:18

You are made in the image of God. God loves you. God has always loved you. God will always love you.

You aren’t gay by choice, it’s because this is the way that you are made.

Perhaps you’re worried about morality? That’s a good thing to be concerned about. We all make choices about morality.

Accepting yourself as gay is about accepting yourself the way God made you. Making choices about how you live your life are still yours.

A wonderful response Ian! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom 🙂

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
October 15, 2010, 20:39

If you genuenly try your best to discover what is true, and try your hardest to live according to what you believe is true, I can’t imagine God sending you to hell for your integrity.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.